Flashback

G

Goemon4

ok after seeing another world being ported to the gp32 i was wondering if flashback will ever get ported?

Goemon4 posted on Oct 28 2005 at 03:27 PM said:
ok after seeing another world being ported to the gp32 i was wondering if flashback will ever get ported?

Maybe,

Another World was ported over and released as freeware with the kind ok from Eric Chahi.

Flashbacks data and source are still closed (and the game still sold on budget) however there is an open source engine (REminiscence) for the game data but it's a bit slow on the GP32 and memory limited, it may get worked on more by others or myself at some time in the future. The same goes for a GP2X port.

Last edited by a moderator:
gary.mckeown posted on Oct 28 2005 at 03:50 PM said:
i thought flashback was abandonware now because there's been ports to the dc, ps2, ps1

They are all ports of REminiscence to the appropriate platform. Abandonware is a load of crock anyway in strict legal terms anyway, if the software is still under copyright the copyright owner can enforce that or offer to re-licence the software under some new terms (freeware, GPL, BSD etc., just like some of ScummVM’s supported games have been) or just ignore it (this is where Abandonware stems from). It does not 'become' magically free at some point ;) but people chose to just turn a blind eye to the ‘grey’ bit ;).

Still, that is not a debate for this thread and I am not going to get sucked in. Its not wrong, right etc. etc. just don’t state that Abandonware = Some sort of real status of copyright ;).

The quick GP32 port I tried was based on REminiscence and I have long since lost my Flashback disks so I got the data files from elsewhere but I am well aware it’s not freeware.

And there goes my ‘I feel better now’ rant.

alucard-yes it does

and ok i was jus curious about it...thanks

actually, i was playing flashback the other day and got stuck when i reached the second level. checked a walkthrough and it said to hop onto a playform that i just cannot reach (the top one in the room with the elevator), any1 know what to do there?
sorry if i'm going a bit off topic, just want to play this game through 'cause it's a real nice piece of work...

i have no idea, im hopeless at both flashback and another world, but they are great games

There is also a "sequel" to the Flashback called "Fade to Black". Pretty good game too and done in an 3d!

Could run on the GP2x easily if ported natively.

was fade to black on the ps1 and by electronic arts (or am i thinking of a different game?)

lol i was way off but it looks nice (i wonder where i can get it)

Goemon4 posted on Oct 29 2005 at 06:11 PM said:
was fade to black on the ps1 and by electronic arts (or am i thinking of a different game?)

lol i was way off but it looks nice (i wonder where i can get it)

It was released for the PS1, too. It was a pretty good game but not nearly as good as the original.

I'd like to see REminiscence ported to the GP2X, though. That would be awesome.

Back