GP32 FLASH PLAYER?

Macromedia want + 5 figures for the 'Macromedia partner' source licence.

Trust me when I say this has been looked at in depth and a few people in the scene have approached Macromedia to no avail.

If a flash payer ever makes it onto the GP32 it would have to come from (very, very unlightly) GamePark or from one of the open projects. My understanding of most of the open projects is that they where pressured to stop, as can been seen from the lack of activity in any of the projects and that none of them offered any real functionality anyway.

I've been doing a lot of looking into how to get a flash player on to the GP32... from the information I've been gathering the actual flash swf file format isn't copyrighted thus it is possable to write a player thats not based on macromedias code legally...

also from my research I've found a few open source players, the main one being based on a netscape plug-in for linux and a stand-alone player for linux... so my interest is looking into the stand-alone player for linux... its proberbly the best one to look into porting... but I'm not sure if the GP32 has the power to handle flash, and certainly RAM is proberbly an issue, with most flash files have mp3 data in as well as lots of pictures and such...

well see how my research goes, even though the actual porting I doubt I'll do myself, but once I've found some good useable source it will be posted on this site :)

the problem is, hardly anyone develops what is posted on the forums. Sooo..i wouldnt count on it being made. unless someone is really interested.

Back