Flash Player On Pandora

You don't need to run Firefox from NAND for this to work.

It is enough to put libflashplayer.so in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/, i.e. (executed from the directory you downloaded libflashplayer.so to):
Code:
sudo cp libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/

I can confirm that this works with the Firefox PND as well as the Chromium PND (Haven't tried Chromium-dev, but I wouldn't be surprised if it works)

I *may* add the flash plugin when I do the next 2 builds. Just what are the legalities of using the N900 plugin?

http://focus.ti.com/docs/toolsw/folders/print/adobeflash-a8.html
Product Information

Description
IMPORTANT:

This Evaluation/Demo code is provided ONLY for users developing products with Texas Instruments Cortex(tm)-A8 based microprocessors (i.e.: Sitara(tm) and DaVinci(tm) platforms).
Request for access is approved on a case-by-case basis to end equipment manufacturers/customers.
This code is NOT intended for production use. If you intend to ship this software with your product, please contact Adobe or Adobe partners directly for any necessary qualification and licensing.
For more details, please read carefully the TI license terms and conditions provided in the installer.

It seems like you'd be fine. Request a copy, tell them why you want it, and see what they say.

hdonk said:
I *may* add the flash plugin when I do the next 2 builds. Just what are the legalities of using the N900 plugin?

It depend on how legal it is to ship the TI built flash plugin. See :
Letalis Sonus said:
Well, I've got that mysterious Maemo Flash 10.1 plugin as well now, and - surprise surprise - it has the same MD5 sum as your leaked ti.com plugin...

Last edited by a moderator:
sebt3 said:
hdonk said:

It depend on how legal it is to ship the TI built flash plugin. See :
Letalis Sonus said:
Well, I've got that mysterious Maemo Flash 10.1 plugin as well now, and - surprise surprise - it has the same MD5 sum as your leaked ti.com plugin...
So not legal at all! Where did I put my lawyer proof asbestos suit?

MikeL said:

It is enough to put libflashplayer.so in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/, i.e. (executed from the directory you downloaded libflashplayer.so to):
Code:

I can confirm that this works with the Firefox PND as well as the Chromium PND (Haven't tried Chromium-dev, but I wouldn't be surprised if it works)
this worked for me as well with mozilla

where do you put the plugin for Chromium?

MonkeyChops said:
MikeL said:

Code:

Could anyone make a short video showing the performance of flash with this plugin?

I can later tonight (7-8 hours from now)if no one else does but as mentioned before its slow unless you drop down the quality.

MonkeyChops said:
MikeL said:

Code:

/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ is also searched by Chromium for plugins.

yea, it's not working in Chromium for me for some reason.

anyway, as requested, here are a couple of videos I made last night showing the plugin being used to play a youtube video through firefox 4:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ3N8LYXzSs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiyxQSIuwEU

first shows a clip at 240
second shows the same clip at 360

as you can see, it only works well at 240.

MonkeyChops said:
yea, it's not working in Chromium for me for some reason.

anyway, as requested, here are a couple of videos I made last night showing the plugin being used to play a youtube video through firefox 4:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ3N8LYXzSs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiyxQSIuwEU

first shows a clip at 240
second shows the same clip at 360

as you can see, it only works well at 240.
Any OC there?

I see another install pnd coming (like timidity midi installer) :p Install flash beta plugin.pnd, with menu asking which SD, and poof :p

jeff

skeezix said:
I see another install pnd coming (like timidity midi installer) :p Install flash beta plugin.pnd, with menu asking which SD, and poof :p

jeff
As far as I know, it's not legal to distribute that file, so I wont do this...

skeezix said:
sebt3 -- so make an installer that does a wget and pulls the file down and sticks it in the right place :)

The illegal distribution is a :
MonkeyChops said:
it's a torrent though

The legal distribution is here : http://focus.ti.com/docs/toolsw/folders/print/adobeflash-a8.html
It's only available on request.

So no wget script.
Well, someone could write a script that grab the torrent and push it to my transmission.pnd. On relaunch install in correctly if the download is complet. But once again, I wont do this as this is still encouraging piratcy.

yeah, if its wrapped up nicely by TI, then thats that. Sounds like maybe OP shoudl have a TI contact see about getting it :p

jeff

What I don't get is, is this beta plugin? Didn't someone try this when it first came out and it basically didn't work very well at all, unable to play YouTube videos? If so what's changed? Is it just that they updated the beta plugin once?

Thanks. I'm very happy that it works. What's the difference between the n900 plugin and this ti beta plugin?

Back