Flash Card Program

adrifter

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Does anyone know if there is a program that would let a student study for various subjects with flashcards on the GP32?

Im not thinking of anything too complicated (though im not sure how complicated it would be to code) just something that randomly presented a question, or answer. then a button press would reveal the correct answer.

it would be nice if it kept track of which questions you got right, and wrong... but thats not necessary.

Ive seen simple versions of this for the PC, some of which just used text files where you just write the questions and answers in a particular format (question=answer etc.) as the basis for the cards.

Since we have text readers, and a couple of text editors for the GP32 it wouldnt be that hard to put these to use by making flashcards. That way I dont have to carry mine around all over the place.

Anyone know of anything similar, or a place that I might be able to learn how to do it? (I prefer the former, but if time allows... I would pursue the latter...)

Thanks...

D

no responses at all?

come on... I think I deserve at least a "get the F*** outta here, quit wasting our time"

hahaha... LOL... seriously, If people can put physics and chem algorithims on to their calculators....(not a bad idea... actually)... then it should be possible to make a simple flash card program...

any other forum where this would be more appropriate?

thanks...

I`m not a coder, So not sure what paths are possible for what you require.

This is a global site, But you seem to have posted at a time when most people are asleep, So that is probably the reason for no response half an hour after your original post. ;)

Be patient, This is a very active board, But at least give people time to respond. You`ll see, By tomorrow there will probably be almost a page of responses from people from this community.

Trooper

no... check the dates... it was 24 and a half hours after my original post... thats why I made the J-O-K-E... usually people are a lot faster about replying here... and I know it... I was looking for the "...page..." of responses you mentioned... and found a BIG FAT ZILCH... hahaha...

I understand about the coding stuff... I am not one either. but it seems (could be a dirty word) like it shouldnt be that complex.

thanks for the reply anyway... Im just fishing, its not like its a life or death issue.

D

adrifter posted on Aug 4 2004 at 04:35 AM said:
Does anyone know if there is a program that would let a student study for various subjects with flashcards on the GP32?

Im not thinking of anything too complicated (though im not sure how complicated it would be to code) just something that randomly presented a question, or answer. then a button press would reveal the correct answer.

it would be nice if it kept track of which questions you got right, and wrong... but thats not necessary.
That would be damn easy to make. Let me know if you can't find anyone to make it for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dalto... enslaved... thanks for the responses...

Yeah.. I dont think it would be too hard to do-- plus it would be really useful for me. But since I cant code... i cant just SAY it isnt hard... how do i know? hahaha...

Id be SOOO greatful if anyone could help me with this...

Thanks...

D

You could probably already use Virtual Novel Studio to do this... I'm not sure if its got random variables but otherwise the whole thing is defined by text, and allows multiple responses and resultant arguments. Just use null graphics (i.e. a picture that's all white or something) and there you go :)

Back