First Habitable Planet Outside The Solar System

epitaph said:
TelcoLou said:
Aren't there children starving somewhere ... on this planet?
Genocide is being committed as we speak in Darfur (meanwhile European politicians sit idly by and do nothing but discuss whether it's to be classified as genocide or not. Rwanda, anyone?).

achdirective_1882_10091068.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Tripmonkey_uk said:
darkman said:
Are we going to use a "blu-ray" laser to destroy this planet or would that be too expensive? :)
Too expensive + it's only powerful enough if you actually believe all the hype that Sony have been saying about it recently ;)

I dare you to stare directly into the ray :lol:

WarmFluffyUK said:
Tripmonkey_uk said:
darkman said:
Are we going to use a "blu-ray" laser to destroy this planet or would that be too expensive? :)
Too expensive + it's only powerful enough if you actually believe all the hype that Sony have been saying about it recently ;)

I dare you to stare directly into the ray :lol:

I'll take that bet & raise you a bag of Skittles young lady.
Now off you pop to the shops to buy me a nice new PS3 so I can try it :p

WarmFluffyUK said:
Tripmonkey_uk said:
darkman said:

Too expensive + it's only powerful enough if you actually believe all the hype that Sony have been saying about it recently ;)I dare you to stare directly into the ray :lol:Nooooooooooooooooooo! Don't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!
steverayob0.gif

It's too dangerous. Even for the professionals

(RIP Steve :( )

It's ok, he doesn't believe in teh Sony! They are powerless to hurt him! However, if he is secretly a Sony fanboi, then although the Bluray will do nothing, his sheeplike following of Sony will subconciously convince him that it is, and his phagocytes will phagocytose his retina. I'm sure some Beta Lymphocytes will join in too.

rokdcasbah said:
epitaph said:
convey their self-righteousness and anti-development/anti-technology/anti-globalism-related ideas
[snip]

Did you know that in Texas, you're technically only allowed to be a politician if you're a theist? It's in the constitution.

If there is life on the planet, they've probably gone into hiding. "Shit, the humans are looking at us! Pretend to be rocks, maybe they won't notice!" Either that, or they're too busy giggling at us.

Aren't Beta Lymphocytes like the females of the lymphocyte family? Not being sexist but thats how I remember it from Biology last year. The Alpha lymphocytes destroy everything whereas the Beta Lymphocytes do little odd jobs to maintain the body. I think thats how it goes.

Mommy, why's that man strangling steve irwin in the animation? i thought he met his death at the hand of a kindly sting ray. Damn its strange not having him on TV anymore. I can't flick on the Animal Planet and here 'CRIKEY!' in that voice. Although the young son is supposedly going to become the successor.

Anyway...wat was this topic about again? Oh that planet thing. Funny how things that are over 2 days old get forgotten from the news. Just look at that Virginia Tech thing. For 4 days afterwards there was continuous interviewing with the students and lecturers and now, nothing. It sickens me (the bit about how quickly people forget about atrocities but remember stupid things like the discovery of a new planet).

Ganepark32 said:
Anyway...wat was this topic about again? Oh that planet thing. Funny how things that are over 2 days old get forgotten from the news. Just look at that Virginia Tech thing. For 4 days afterwards there was continuous interviewing with the students and lecturers and now, nothing. It sickens me (the bit about how quickly people forget about atrocities but remember stupid things like the discovery of a new planet).
Sitting around moping about it is not going to help anyone. We know it's happened, but we're not going to talk about it all the time, because there's only so much you can say and so many times you can tell people "That was dreadful, wasn't it?"

Ganepark32 said:
Aren't Beta Lymphocytes like the females of the lymphocyte family? Not being sexist but thats how I remember it from Biology last year. The Alpha lymphocytes destroy everything whereas the Beta Lymphocytes do little odd jobs to maintain the body. I think thats how it goes.

Mommy, why's that man strangling steve irwin in the animation? i thought he met his death at the hand of a kindly sting ray. Damn its strange not having him on TV anymore. I can't flick on the Animal Planet and here 'CRIKEY!' in that voice. Although the young son is supposedly going to become the successor.

I'm limited to my AS knoledge but that is essentially it. The B.lymphocytes can differentiate into either plasma cells, that go round the body throwing out anti-bodies to the anti-gens of the foreig body that the subject is infected with or they can differentiate into memory cells that sit about, in the lumphnodes for example, waiting for an infection which corresponds to the anti-body that they produce, they then had a mitosis party and the cycle continues. Woo! Mitosis party! Much better than those Miosis parties, there are always twice as many people who turn up but the parties only ever got half the fun :( If chromosomes were fun that is :p

Anyway, there are too many lymphocytes for me to both learning them all atm.

I did AS level biology last year and was really good at it. Well I thought I was until I got my exam result which was a D. How I got the D i'll never know as I worked my ass off for the exam.

Anyway, I made the b. lymphocyte joke during a lesson but was quickly put in my place by 5 very angry private school girls. Bloody private school kids. Can't take a joke. Kinda wished I hadn't bothered goin to a private school when I think about it although it did teach me to be an arsehole to people and helped me develop my artistic talent, even though the teachers criticised all of my work

gp32rich said:
Nooooooooooooooooooo! Don't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!
steverayob0.gif

It's too dangerous. Even for the professionals
Now that is the first thing in ages that made me laugh out loud :lol:

Ganepark32 said:
I did AS level biology last year and was really good at it. Well I thought I was until I got my exam result which was a D. How I got the D i'll never know as I worked my ass off for the exam.

Anyway, I made the b. lymphocyte joke during a lesson but was quickly put in my place by 5 very angry private school girls. Bloody private school kids. Can't take a joke. Kinda wished I hadn't bothered goin to a private school when I think about it although it did teach me to be an arsehole to people and helped me develop my artistic talent, even though the teachers criticised all of my work
I got 100 / 105 i nthe BYA1 AQA exam. I was considering a resit to get 105 / 105 but it wasnt worth it. Aiming for the same high mark in my BYA2 exam in a few weeks :S resiting my first physics to get an A instead of a B. I am gonna get a A in biology, chemistry and physics if it kills me lol. I'm gonna get like an E in maths :D

Resiting? As in, taking the same exam again, after you've got your mark? We have the same thing over here (well, you don't get your mark, it's in the same week, different time slot), but they keep the lowest of the two marks :lol:

lol, that seems silly and pointless if they keep the lowest. They let you resit just to get a lower mark.... doesn't make sense lol. In my physics resit they take the higher of the two marks, but if I resit it a third time (i'm not going too) then I forfit my original B but keep the second resit mark as a spare.

There were questions in it which weren't explain in the syllabus at all, like countin bits on a CD lol. Anyway, also resitting decision maths. I did appalingly in that, mostly by only getting 60-70% of the exam done :S Need to revise algorithms aswell as all the core maths bollocks :S damn polynomials :(

Edit: Alex. the exam we take isn't the same test, its a different test so you can't just remember the answers lol

Back