Firmware V2.1.1

I updated earlier today and put it through some paces... I like this firmware a lot. It fixed a lot of video playback issues I was having, and SD card reading does seem noticably faster.

Vektar still doesn't work if you boot up the GP2x with the SD card in..
My demo copy of Vektar works OK, but since going to 2.1.1 the intro music for Vektar from boot is absolutely deafening. I have the volume limit setting ON but doesn't seem to make a difference!! Anyone else notice this? It's annoying to have to take the headphones out while I start the game, and painful if I forget :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been completely unable to update to 2.1.x properly.

When I try flashing to either 2.1.0 or 2.1.1, it never gets past the green screen on boot. I have tried flashing multiple times. I am using a 2GB Sandisk, it has worked on every firmware upgrade without issue before.

I have had to revert to 2.0.0 which it boots fine from. However, the "Info" screen says 2.1.0 and I have the new transitional menu screens.. so I guess I have 2.0 kernel and 2.1 menu software?

I went from 2.0 to 2.1 with no problems: it even ran the .gpu script automatically for me.

However I couldn't get 2.1.1 to install, despite several attempts. In the end I did as someone suggested here and downgraded to 2.0, and then went straight to 2.1.1 and that did the job.

Mine got back from repairs today...and apparently has gained firmware 2.1.2 in the process... :blink:

Anyone knows anything about that?

Is anybody running this with gmenu2x okay? I can't get onto any GP2X made application apart from MoviePlayer...

:eek:!

See if save states in SquidgeSNES and bookmarking in xreader has been fixed!

..if you can be bothered to do so

Since the %¤&!" lovely people at the swedish resellers are so !%#¤% speedy with repairs stuff, I do have about six weeks of catching up to do. I intend to *install* the latest SquidgeSNES and xreader soon :)

Back