Firmware Upgrade

zsonance

Is the latest version 1.5?

Should I upgrade or not? What is everyone's experience with the newest version

I kind of am thinking "why fix it if it's not broken"

Latest version is 1.6.1
There seems to be no significant improvement to 1.5, but if you think about upgrading, don't forget to use an sd card and not an sdhc one and be patient, as it might take several minutes.
Maybe upgrading solves your NeoGeo problem. That would be my last idea about your issues with it.
Firmware is here

Akabei said:
Latest version is 1.6.1
There seems to be no significant improvement to 1.5, but if you think about upgrading, don't forget to use an sd card and not an sdhc one and be patient, as it might take several minutes.
Maybe upgrading solves your NeoGeo problem. That would be my last idea about your issues with it.
Firmware is here

Hmm.. my Caanoo already has 1.6.1 on it...weird

I think it has to do with the King Of Fighters 2000 roms...i think they need to be decrypted or something for them to work correctly

Last edited by a moderator:
Akabei said:
Latest version is 1.6.1
Firmware is here

Whatwhat?

Use an SD as opposed to an SDHC?

I thought the CAANOO required an SDHC card.

I am very much in the same boat as OP, I read somewhere that overclocking with MAME is only possible with a firmware update, which would be greatly appreciated considering not all games run the greatest at 533mhz.

Can anyone provide a link or give a brief summary as to why an SD card is required and how to prevent from bricking my CAANOO?

Some of the responses to the firmware download pages have me a little bit leery about the whole process.

-EDIT-

Apparently my firmware version is 1.5, so I guess I'm going to keep looking regarding that problem with MAME.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it has more to do with FAT16 vs FAT32.

The firmware updater likely requires FAT16, and hence a regular SD card, because they usually format as FAT16 due to their size..

I could be wrong though.

You have to keep in mind, that the firmware updater is a pre-boot environment. So there is no such thing as drivers, more about what is hard wired into the internal updater routines.

Back