Firmware Update Issues?!?

CRWoody

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hi All,

I have just updated my firmware to 1.2 from 1.01.

When booting the gp2x it is still saying firmware 1.01 on the green screen, but i am getting the benifets of 1.2? (can use up and down in menus / sd card is above Nand)

The major problem i am getting is video playback.

Vids that worked on 1.01 no longer work on 1.2.

Has anyone got as idea as to why this would happen?

Yep, did everything by the book.

Also, when i look into the "information" menu it tells me its 1.2.0.

The reason this happens is because the kernel didn't update properly. Did you get a 'Firmware Upgrading' screen when you booted with gp2xkernel.img on the root of your SD?

Yes, i got the firmware updatind and completed screen.

But i booted the update with the file "patch20060105"

Ah, no. No no no no. The Firmware Upgrading screen should appear during the boot, in between the black and green screens (if you have gp2xkernel.img on the root of your SD). If it doesn't, you need to use the 1.2.1 Firmware Upgrader.

I had the same problem, it wouldn't give me the updating screen at all and still said 1.1.0 when I booted up. I was able to get it to work by using Robster's alternative kernel 1.2.1 updater. I suggest giving that a try. Be sure to read the readme first!

hey, i have the exact opposite problem. i updated and it says 1.21 but i don't have the updates....
If the green screen says 1.2.1, but the info screen in the menu still says 1.0.0, 1.0.1, or 1.1.0, then you need to apply the patch from the utility menu. Then, the new menu navigation, updated pic viewer, tv-out, etc. will work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhh right, ok.

I guess i should not be trying these things after a few drinks..!

Gonna give it another go, after a few paracetamol :rolleyes:

hey, i have the exact opposite problem. i updated and it says 1.21 but i don't have the updates....
If the green screen says 1.2.1, but the info screen in the menu still says 1.0.0, 1.0.1, or 1.1.0, then you need to apply the patch from the utility menu. Then, the new menu navigation, updated pic viewer, tv-out, etc. will work.
How about for those of us (like me) that get a 1.2.1 on the green screen, and HAVE run the patch20060107 (numerous times, I might add) and still get no updates? I [try to] run the patch every time I boot the machine, but I never get the effects, other than it says "Patching. Please Wait." followed by "Complete. Please Wait." Nothing else ever happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about for those of us (like me) that get a 1.2.1 on the green screen, and HAVE run the patch20060107 (numerous times, I might add) and still get no updates? I [try to] run the patch every time I boot the machine, but I never get the effects, other than it says "Patching. Please Wait." followed by "Complete. Please Wait." Nothing else ever happens.

Have you installed the NAND ReadOnly patch?
If yes, deinstall or temporary deactivate it, as you can't update otherwise ;)

Last edited:
Back