Firmware Update Doesn't Work. . . .

jboss25

Still Fresh
Ok I just tried updating my firmware 3 times. (when i looked it up they say you have to do it twice.) the third time try starting it it froze on the caanoo play forward logo and i tried updating a 3rd time but still doesnt work.

it saays cramfs.img fail. and the date and the system name

also try re-downloading the firmware and recopying it to your SD card, sometimes files can get corrupted during the transfer/download process.

Tried updating my firmware from 1.0.1 to 1.5 without success.

Now when I power up my Caanoo, I only get the GPH screen and that is where it stays.

Is there anyway to recover my Caanoo?

Now when I power up my Caanoo, I only get the GPH screen and that is where it stays.

i had the same problem when trying 1.50 first time round with the caanoo logo freezing! i just took the sd card out and put 1.06 on it from the pc deleting all the other install files then just do the update again .

paul

paul3100 said:

i had the same problem when trying 1.50 first time round with the caanoo logo freezing! i just took the sd card out and put 1.06 on it from the pc deleting all the other install files then just do the update again .

paul

I think the SD card needs to be formatted in FAT32, not FAT16 in order to work.
Figured I'd mention in case that helps...

(I used a 512 MB SD card to successfully update)

Last edited by a moderator:
Worked!

I formatted a 2GB SD card for FAT32, added the 1.0.6 firmware update, and followed the update process. This time it worked - first the bootloader was fixed, then the firmware was updated. After I applied 1.0.6, I was able to successfully apply 1.5.

Thanks for your help!

Back