Firmware 3.0

wild_eyed posted on Mar 12 2007 at 07:09 PM said:
i updated to firmware 3.0 and ever since none of my sd cards are being read. what steps have people taken to correct this mess?

none

Last edited by a moderator:
suppafly posted on Mar 13 2007 at 01:20 AM said:
wild_eyed posted on Mar 12 2007 at 07:09 PM said:
i updated to firmware 3.0 and ever since none of my sd cards are being read. what steps have people taken to correct this mess?

none

If at all possible re-downgrade your firmware.

wild_eyed posted on Mar 12 2007 at 09:48 PM said:
so hold on, is it fucked? how can i downgrade the firmware if the gp2x cant read the sd card....
If you don't have an sd card reader already you will need one. Just copy over all your important shit onto the computer, then format it using the computer. And then download what ever firmware you need onto the card and put it in the 2x. Then just copy your files back over :D.

Yeah a few people (including myself) have found this problem with FW3. I believe the recommended course of action is to actually go back to 2.0.0 then upgrade to 2.1.0 then again to 2.1.1 - then stick there cause thats a nice firmware.
While your GP2X may not see SD cards when it's loaded up, it can still use them at start up to change the firmware.

therealadmin posted on Mar 13 2007 at 01:54 AM said:
wild_eyed posted on Mar 12 2007 at 09:48 PM said:
so hold on, is it fucked? how can i downgrade the firmware if the gp2x cant read the sd card....
If you don't have an sd card reader already you will need one. Just copy over all your important shit onto the computer, then format it using the computer. And then download what ever firmware you need onto the card and put it in the 2x. Then just copy your files back over :D.

format my sd to what? what file system are we using here?

Indeed, many things can be used as SD Readers if you do not have one.

A digital camera lying around perhaps? I do not have one but I do know some of them act as SD readers.

SD readers are dirt cheap though, so picking one up at your local best by should cost 10$ AT MOST.

yeah, my card reader cost 5 bucks, and its lasted for over a year..... im supprised people can use a 2x without one.....

Back