Firmware 2.0.0 Next Week!

Not long, if the previous FW updates are an example ... maybe less than a minute, for me at least.

*Note: It's now early Friday Morning (4/28) In Seoul .. maybe the GPH folks are wakng up now, eager to unleash this awesome FW to the waiting public ...

(And even more hopefully, the BoB is not far behind ... )

My GP2X is in the mail, it should come within the next few days, so ya. I just hope to get the 2x the same time as 2.0.

kardasan posted on Apr 27 2006 at 06:55 PM said:
OK it's 00:54 GMT+1 April, 28 and no update on GPH website...I will stay online for something like 3 hours more...mayby they'll release it then ^^

Get a life and go play something or go to sleep....

When it comes it comes...

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait for my gp2x to boot up fast!

I hope with this update we will be able to see the dancing games support dance pads and the emulators to support 2 player with external game pads. That would rock.

imnotahacker posted on Apr 27 2006 at 07:51 PM said:
In the meantime we shall all format our sd cards and charge our batteries.

.. I have an AC adaptor, and a card already formatted & ready to go ...

Sad, eh? I'm very VERY excited for this; the possibility of playing MAME and other consoles on my TV using a USB Gamepad is making me crazy with anticipation.

reallynotnick posted on Apr 28 2006 at 12:52 AM said:
I can't wait for my gp2x to boot up fast!
2.0 is a few seconds slower than open2x (think it's about 14 seconds in total). You can get it a couple of seconds faster if you put art103's uboot back on afterwards though.

Drag posted on Apr 27 2006 at 11:45 PM said:
If it has to reflash the nand, update the uboot, and reflash the firmware, how long would all of that take?

Well, took me a few minutes AFAIR (was two weeks ago).
Not too long, but definately not as short as the previous updates.

jmetal88 posted on Apr 28 2006 at 12:19 AM said:
My 2X is in Korea getting refurbished at the moment... I sent it in for excessive brightness flicker, I wonder if it will come back with one of the new LCDs?

I don't think so, as it is just a resistor that needs to be changed to fix that flickering.

Last edited:
Shikaku posted on Apr 28 2006 at 01:37 AM said:
Get a life and go play something or go to sleep....

When it comes it comes...
It's not like I don't have something to do...a project for my lesons actually >< I hate euler's trail ><

so can someone list a few or all of the known updates that will be in 2.0? all I've heard is faster boot time and maybe USB actually works now?

EvilDragon posted on Apr 28 2006 at 01:29 AM said:
I don't think so, as it is just a resistor that needs to be changed to fix that flickering.

A small question, is this resistor change to fix the flicker that happens when the stick is moved in the menu or some other flickering?

*crosses fingers it American 28th*, its still the 27th here 10:00PM

Woogal about ar103's uboot, I mean there has to be some reason we are updating this uboot won't ar103's not have the new things? It might just be holding start+select to flash the system but even so I like that feature and will wait 2 secs longer to not have a bricked gp2x.
Anyway, even a 5 sec improvement would have made me happy this is like 15 so I am pretty stooked.

reallynotnick posted on Apr 27 2006 at 11:02 PM said:
*crosses fingers it American 28th*, its still the 27th here 10:00PM

Woogal about ar103's uboot, I mean there has to be some reason we are updating this uboot won't ar103's not have the new things? It might just be holding start+select to flash the system but even so I like that feature and will wait 2 secs longer to not have a bricked gp2x.
Anyway, even a 5 sec improvement would have made me happy this is like 15 so I am pretty stooked.
its 11:30 pm here now. not the 28th just yet :(

Yes, but its's after noon over there ... perhaps after a nice long lunch, they'll be ready to release it ... perhaps :(

Back