Firmware 1.4.0 Ext-2 Patch & Alternative Updater?

grimborg

Still Fresh
Hi,

Is there an ext-2 patch for Firmware 1.4.0? I'm quite happy with my ext-2-formatted SD cards, being able to use symlinks and such, and I would like to upgrade the firmware without having to re-format them to FAT. I'm using Firmware 1.2.1 now. I checked in the download area (i've been checking every day since the new firmware came out, heh) and i'm surprised not to find it there.

BTW is there an Alternative Updater available for Firmware 1.4.0 like the ones for the previous versions?

Thanks a lot!

grimborg posted on Mar 4 2006 at 12:28 AM said:
Hi,

Is there an ext-2 patch for Firmware 1.4.0? I'm quite happy with my ext-2-formatted SD cards, being able to use symlinks and such, and I would like to upgrade the firmware without having to re-format them to FAT. I'm using Firmware 1.2.1 now. I checked in the download area (i've been checking every day since the new firmware came out, heh) and i'm surprised not to find it there.

BTW is there an Alternative Updater available for Firmware 1.4.0 like the ones for the previous versions?

Thanks a lot!

Yes there is a alternate one that robster made, check the news section and it will be in there ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Cyclops posted on Mar 4 2006 at 10:38 AM said:
Are you sure your softlink are really working?

Yup, why shouldn't they? Are you having any problems with symlinks and ext2 in your gp2x?

Last edited by a moderator:
Symlinks should work just fine, after all, it's ext2 and the GP2X runs on a fully-fledged version of Linux. Hence, every time an app tries to look for the symlink (doesn't matter what app it is) Linux will give it the file/folder the symlink points to. That's why symlinks are so useful: full compatibility.

Back