Release Firefox 18.0

Now that my wifi is operational again, I can actually post something slightly more useful.

Version 18 seems to be decently solid and respectably snappy. No issues thus far.

I had the same problem as ekianjo had: Fire Fox was hell slow.

Now I deleted my appdata folder and everything's all right now.

Except for spell checking.

How can I get spell checking back?

When I go into preferebces > advanced "check spelling as I type" is already activated. I disabled and enabled it but it didn't help.

Is this a bug in this version?

Try right clicking in a text box and selecting a language.

Well I've got gstreamer working with h.264 video on YouTube.... It's helaciously slow though, so I'm now working on DSP support.

Well... :eek:

if you could release a standalone player for that (without FF), that would be something awesome as well :eek:

Well... :eek:

if you could release a standalone player for that (without FF), that would be something awesome as well :eek:
Using the dsp with 3.2.20 is going to need some kernel patches... And changes to udev scripts... etc...

/me continues to be amazed by the incredible software updates churned out, for free by a few individual volunteers.

Yer'all brilliant I tells ye; Brilliant!

Thank's for this very nice and usefull piece of software,

I used to use firefox 18 since the release and I recently got a new SD, so I copy all contents from my old card to the new one.  Now when I start Firefox. it complains about my profile being unaccessible or missing, then firefox don't start.

The only way I found  to make it works is to mount the pnd with pnd_run.sh then launch firefox.sh from the /mnt/utmp dir, during the first start it ask me to create a profile, I gave him my old profile directory ( /media/SD/firefox_profile ) and it finally run with my old profile.

But if I try to run the pnd, it always coplain about missing profile or unaccessible profile, do you have a better solution than mounting the pnd and run manually ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Found this on the Internet:

Firefox 19 for Android, on the other hand, now has lower CPU requirements, which means it’s now available on roughly 15 million more devices. As long as your Android device has a 600MHz processor, 512MB memory, and an HVGA display, you can download and install the new Firefox. Mobile Firefox for Google’s operating system now also supports themes – on your Android, go to addons.mozilla.org device, then click on the Personas tab, select a theme, and then press “Keep It.”

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/firefox-19-now-available-for-desktop-and-android-devices/#ixzz2LSAGaWrY
Follow us: @digitaltrends on Twitter | digitaltrendsftw on Facebook
Will Pandora version get an advantages of the CPU friendly Android release?

Would be great.

Found this on the Internet:

Firefox 19 for Android, on the other hand, now has lower CPU requirements, which means it’s now available on roughly 15 million more devices. As long as your Android device has a 600MHz processor, 512MB memory, and an HVGA display, you can download and install the new Firefox. Mobile Firefox for Google’s operating system now also supports themes – on your Android, go to addons.mozilla.org device, then click on the Personas tab, select a theme, and then press “Keep It.”

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/firefox-19-now-available-for-desktop-and-android-devices/#ixzz2LSAGaWrY

Follow us: @digitaltrends on Twitter | digitaltrendsftw on Facebook

Will Pandora version get an advantages of the CPU friendly Android release?

Would be great.
Who knows? I'll kick off a build when I have some time to spare :)

Back