Release Firefox 18.0

You're like a ninja! Unfortunately, I'm waiting for a new 1GHz board to fit in my Pandora, so mine is currently internetless. Rest assured I'll have that thing downloading before the case is even back together.

Works now for me.

Didn't test much for now.

Seems to be faster than 17.

EDIT:

1 Day later still no problem.

No crash, still fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found no issues for now, it updated from 17 without problems. Thanks :)

I've started the long hard slog towards getting gstreamer support for h.264 webm html5 video working... But it suddenly occured to me - any interest in the feature!?!

NB: WebM html5 video already works. I'm talking MP4/vorbis here :)

hdonk: Is there any way to make the PND of Firefox smaller? If so, it should be done.

hdonk: Is there any way to make the PND of Firefox smaller? If so, it should be done.
I can use squashfs but I don't know what the performance/memory tradeoff is. I suspect it might be faster compressed as the bottleneck is the flash - at least my sd card light is on a lot when using it. I'll do my next prototype squashed and wait for the feedback :)

It loaded and ran the first time I ran it which I was thrilled with. Try to play a video on the Comcast website and all I got was the audio. I see others have

gotten the video to play. Is there a setting I need to adjust to get it to work? I am using the 1ghz Pandora....

Please don't remove Flash to make the PND smaller or faster.

I need it for flashgames.

I think a continued lapse of care regarding flash distribution would by appreciated ;)

I had a strange problem that I couldn't connect to the net at all during he first run of Firefox 18, but everything is fine now. Probably wasn't directly related to your PND.

So far it is running fine, and it does feel noticably faster than the previous version. It used to more or less freeze up for a moment when loading pages, and that seems to be a lot better now. I guess CPU usage improved quite a lot with this version! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back