Final Burn Alpha

Reesy

Certified Guru
Website
reesy.gp32x.de
Hi,

I've ported GP2X version of FBA & Capex ( frontend for FBA ) to the Caanoo.

http://reesy.gp32x.de/caanoo/fba2x.zip
http://reesy.gp32x.de/caanoo/fba2x_src.zip
http://reesy.gp32x.de/caanoo/fbacapex_src.zip

Final Burn Alpha emulates old arcade games, if you want more info use google :)

Credits go to Squidge & Headoverheels who did the original GP2X port and added all of the arm based cpu cores etc.

In-Game Controls

HOME = Start
JOYSTICK PUSH = Insert credits
L & R & HOME = exit emulator
L & R & JOYSTICK PUSH = Service Request

Later
Reesy

Thank you very much Reesy, for this conversion of this awesome emulator Final Burn.I would also like to say thanks, to all the developers and programmers, that make all the programs and website as well.Especially the GP32x team.

Sorry for the noob question, but which one do we download and which one do we run for FB? Why are there three different files? Thanks!

Two of them are the source files in case others want to try compiling FBA or just get a look at the work that was done. You want the first file for the actual binary.

Thanks to Reesy, Squidge and Headoverheels and have great holiday season!

I have a few questions/observations.

Is there a way to exit a game and return to the game list? There's an option called 'Capex Auto Reload' which is disabled, but when enabled it seems to default back to disabled.

The default sound sample rate is 11025hz. I can get it up to 22 but anything past that and no games that I know of will load.

Is there any way to pause?

I have a few roms that are FBA files, i.e. they have .fba for an extension. This program doesn't seem to be able to run them. Do I just need to find the MAME rom?

Great stuff though! Glad to finally be able to have this! Thanks again!

What a pleasant surprise! Thanks a lot! I gotta say, as a shmup fan, I couldn't be happier. Now I can play Battle Garegga, Batsugun, Dangun Feveron and many other awesome games (for some reason I couldn't get Dodonpachi to play)

I'm also surprised that the Caanoo got this emulator before the Pandora, especially since the Caanoo scene is sadly dying.

Thanks man!

darklight1138 said:
I have a few questions/observations.

Is there a way to exit a game and return to the game list? There's an option called 'Capex Auto Reload' which is disabled, but when enabled it seems to default back to disabled.

The default sound sample rate is 11025hz. I can get it up to 22 but anything past that and no games that I know of will load.

Is there any way to pause?

I have a few roms that are FBA files, i.e. they have .fba for an extension. This program doesn't seem to be able to run them. Do I just need to find the MAME rom?

Great stuff though! Glad to finally be able to have this! Thanks again!

There is no way back to the game list, you have to exit back to the Caanoo menu system and start again.

Not sure about the issues with sound, do you know if the same games work okay on the GP2X with higher sound rates?

There is no way to pause...pausing is for wimps anyway.

I have no idea about FBAs files, I only started to use FBA 2 days ago. Sorry.

Thanks, glad to hear people are using it.

Reesy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there anyway to change/configure the gamepad buttons? Street fighter alpha3 plays much better on FBA but the buttons are all wrong :)

Great Job!
So , does it have save and load states?
I think doesn't exists a cps1 emulator which supports saves states in caanoo

Can someone whip up a title image? Normally I would but I don't have access to a good enough computer with graphic editing programs anymore.

CPs1 is running 100%kosher! :)

So, is Anybody running sega games like After Burner and Space Harrier? what configuration is needed?

Moving controls to I/II means messing up the controls when in vertical mode. I could get the emulator to switch the buttons depending on the screen mode but this may get very confusing...I'll have a think about it. The source code is available if you want to build your own version though ;)

Thanks a lot for your work i was missing this emulator on caanoo since i have in my dingoo

Back