Final Burn Alpha

tibbo

Still Fresh
Hi there!

I know that many people within the Caanoo community think that the lack of FBA is the only really bad thing about the Caanoo.
I mainly purchased the console to play WWF Wrestlefest, and as Mame4all uses too old a romset to emulate it, Final Burn Alpha seems to be my only hope.

Do any of you think that it might be possible to get FBA working upon the Caanoo?
I really haven't got a clue how much work it would be, but it actually loads when you run it through Ginge, it just seems to freeze when you attempt to load the game unfortunately.

tibbo said:
Hi there!

I know that many people within the Caanoo community think that the lack of FBA is the only really bad thing about the Caanoo.
I mainly purchased the console to play WWF Wrestlefest, and as Mame4all uses too old a romset to emulate it, Final Burn Alpha seems to be my only hope.

Do any of you think that it might be possible to get FBA working upon the Caanoo?
I really haven't got a clue how much work it would be, but it actually loads when you run it through Ginge, it just seems to freeze when you attempt to load the game unfortunately.
Your not wrong mate, it would be a welcome addition.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear moderators, please move this topic in the right section. Every time I see an entry about FBA in the developer's corner, I almost get a heart attack. Is it finally done? No? No.

Akabei said:

I've ported the GP2X version of Final Burn Alpha to the Caanoo, it seems to run very nicely but I've only tried 1941 at the moment. Can anyone recommend a game which would tax the emulation performance as I've not had experience with this system?

Thanks
Reesy

Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter, every metal slug, Street Fighter Alpha 3, the later King of Fighters(2000+) and especially SvC Chaos - SNK vs Capcom Plus should do the job.

Metal Slug 1 appears to run perfectly, couldn't get the other rom running as it was complaining about missing files. I'll carry on playing...

EDIT.
Got it working I needed to parent rom. Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter runs perfectly. The graphics on these games are amazing, I can't believe I've not tried them before. Thanks

Reesy said:
Akabei said:

I've ported the GP2X version of Final Burn Alpha to the Caanoo, it seems to run very nicely but I've only tried 1941 at the moment. Can anyone recommend a game which would tax the emulation performance as I've not had experience with this system?

Thanks
Reesy

Do I understand what I understand :D

On the newsweez, you'll find a pack for FBA.

Reesy said:

Thanks
Reesy

Wow! This is fantastic news. I can't wait to try this out.
Thanks Reesy, we need to get you a Pandora :)

I'm just finishing the port of fbacapex, which is proving to be more problematic than the actual fba2x port as it uses SDL. I've got to jig things about as the Caanoo does not raised button events for the joystick like the GP2X did which is a pain when porting things between the 2 systems. It shouldn't take too long though.

The Caanoo port of FBA is now complete and available from wihin the News section! :) Thank you so so much Reesy, this really is amazing!

Tibbo: I was wondering where you went, The FBA got released and no reply from you. I thought you may have given up on the Caanoo already but I see thats not the case :)

Haha! :) No i have just been spending the holiday season with the family so wasn't able to jump on here much over christmas! what a productive few weeks it has been though! :) I really think FBA was one of the last major things which the Caanoo really needed

tibbo said:
Hi there!

hey mate i was also looking to play wrestlefest on my cannoo just you manage to get wrestlefest to work

jonnn said:
tibbo said:
Hi there!

hey mate i was also looking to play wrestlefest on my cannoo just you manage to get wrestlefest to work

If you're asking if Wrestlefest works via FBA, then yes it works fine.

Back