Final Burn Alpha - Dingux

K

Kalisiin

just what it says....

a number of games supported by final Burn Alpha...are NOT supported by Dingux/Dingoo port of same.
I'm looking for a list, if available, of games which are supported by FBA, and in Dingux/Dingoo.

The porter of FBA did not thoughtfully include a gameslist.txt file, like the porter of MAME4ALL did.

Kalisiin said:
The porter of FBA did not thoughtfully include a gameslist.txt file, like the porter of MAME4ALL did.

I'm pretty sure slaanesh ported both ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
GunPei2X said:
Kalisiin said:

I'm pretty sure slaanesh ported both ;)

After a bit of research, I found you are correct.
However, no "gameslist.txt" file was included with FBA. So we don't really know what is and is not supported, other than thru the tedious trial and error method.

Unless we all get together and make a list, as it were.

What we should do is make a list ONLY of good, working games on FBA, none of this half-assed stuff about "works but no sound, works but slow play, etc..." It works or it doesn't go on the list.

And we would need to specify if we used a .zip file or an .fba cache file to make it work.

Incidentally, there were some that worked, and I just didn't like on FBA, the 1942 and 1943 games come to mind, because you can't rotate the screen back around, and it is awkward playing as FBA would have you play. THOSE could be listed with a notation of "must rotate screen."

What do you all say, wanna try and build a good list, so that folks will know what works and what does not?

Here are some that I have found to be working well enough to play:

19xx (cache)
1941 (zip)
1944 (cache)
Aliens vs Predator (cache)
Batsugun (zip) (no sound)
Blazing Star (cache)
Cadillacs & Dinosaurs (zip)
Captain Commando (zip)
D&D Shadow Over Mystara (cache)
D&D Tower of Doom (cache)
Dimahoo (cache)
Donpachi (zip)
Darkstalkers (cache)
Eco Fighters (cache)
Final Fight (zip)
Ghouls & Ghosts (zip)
Giga Wing (cache)
Ghost Pilots (zip)
Grind Stormer (zip) (no sound?)
Guwange (cache)
Kingdom GP (zip)
King of Fighters 98 (cache) (most KOF games I tried worked)
King of the Monsters 2 (zip)
Last Blade (cache)
Mercs (zip)
Mars Matrix (cache)
Marvel Super Heroes (cache)
Metal Slug 1 (cache)
Metal Slug 2 (cache)
Metal Slug 3 (cache)
Metal Slug X (cache)
Magic Sword (zip)
Neo Geo Cup '98 Road to VIctory (cache)
Neo Drift Out (cache)
Night Warriors - Darkstalkers Revenge (cache)
Overtop (cache)
Prehistoric Isle 2 (cache)
Pulstar (cache)
The Punisher (zip)
Real Bout Fatal Fury Special (cache)
Riding Hero (zip)
Ring of Destruction: Slammasters 2 (cache)
Samurai Shodown 2 (cache)
Samurai Shodown 4 (cache)
Saturday Night Slam Masters (zip)
Sengoku 2 (zip)
Sengoku 3 (cache)
Shock Troopers (cache)
Shock Troopers 2 (cache) (skips a fair bit)
Snow Bros (zip)
Snow Bros 2 (zip)
Sonic Wings 2 (zip)
Sonic Wings 3 (cache)
Street Fighter 2 (zip)
Street Fighter 2 Championship Edition (zip)
Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting (zip)
Street Fighter Alpha (cache)
Street Fighter Alpha 2 (cache)
Street Fighter Alpha 3 (cache)
Strikers 1945 Plus (cache)
Super Gem Fighter (cache)
Super Puzzle Fighter 2 (zip)
Super Street Fighter 2 (cache)
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo (cache)
Super Sidekicks (zip)
Super Sidekicks 4 (cache)
Stakes Winner 2 (cache)
Strider (zip)
Teki Paki (zip)
Thrash Rally (zip)
Truxton 2 (zip)
Turf Masters (cache)
Twinkle Star Sprites (cache)
UN Squadron (zip)
Vampire Savior (cache)
Vampire Savior 2 (cache)
Waku Waku 7 (cache)
World Heroes Perfect (cache)
Willow (zip)
Warriors of Fate (zip)
X-men: Children of the Atom (cache)

edit: note that I consider rotated games (which most of the shooters are) to be perfectly playable - in fact, I love playing them that way on the Dingoo, it feels very comfortable. I also don't mind a bit of frame skip and no sound.

GunPei2X said:
Here are some that I have found to be working well enough to play:

19xx
Aliens vs Predator
Batsugun (no sound)
Blazing Star
Cadillacs & Dinosaurs
Captain Commando
D&D Shadow Over Mystara
D&D Tower of Doom
Dimahoo
Donpachi
Darkstalkers
Eco Fighters
Final Fight
Ghouls & Ghosts
Giga Wing
Ghost Pilots
Grind Stormer (no sound?)
Guwange
Kingdom GP
King of Fighters 98 (most KOF games I tried worked)
King of the Monsters 2
Last Blade
Mercs
Mars Matrix
Marvel Super Heroes
Metal Slug 1
Metal Slug 2
Metal Slug 3
Metal Slug X
Magic Sword
Neo Geo Cup '98 Road to VIctory
Neo Drift Out
Night Warriors - Darkstalkers Revenge
Overtop
Prehistoric Isle 2
Pulstar
The Punisher
Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
Riding Hero
Ring of Destruction: Slammasters 2
Samurai Shodown 2
Samurai Shodown 4
Saturday Night Slam Masters
Sengoku 2
Sengoku 3
Shock Troopers
Shock Troopers 2 (skips a fair bit)
Snow Bros
Snow Bros 2
Sonic Wings 2
Sonic Wings 3
Street Fighter 2
Street Fighter 2 Championship Edition
Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting
Street Fighter Alpha
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Strikers 1945 Plus
Super Gem Fighter
Super Puzzle Fighter 2
Super Street Fighter 2
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Super Sidekicks
Super Sidekicks 4
Stakes Winner 2
Strider
Teki Paki
Thrash Rally
Truxton 2
Turf Masters
Twinkle Star Sprites
UN Squadron
Vampire Savior
Vampire Savior 2
Waku Waku 7
World Heroes Perfect
Willow
Warriors of Fate
X-men: Children of the Atom

edit: note that I consider rotated games (which most of the shooters are) to be perfectly playable - in fact, I love playing them that way on the Dingoo, it feels very comfortable. I also don't mind a bit of frame skip and no sound.

This is a good start, but do you think you could make notes about some of these games in the list...for example, like you did with Batsugun (no sound) or which of the games are (rotated) because some people, like me, can't STAND rotated games - it is NOT comfortable at all to hold the Dingoo sideways and control with your left hand, and try to fire with the right!! Also, which do you have as a .zip file, versus which needed to be a cache file...and any special settings to make the games work would also be helpful.

I know, I'm asking a lot, but a comprehensive list would be very nice to have!!

I'm going to be trying out a number of games over on FBA myself, just to see if they can be done over there.

Here is My List So Far:

FBA

Alpha Mission II
FBA

Andro Dunos
FBA

Batsugun (No Sound) (Rotate)
ZIP

Blazing Star
FBA

Carrier Air Wing
ZIP

Dogyuun (No Sound) (Rotate)
ZIP

DonPachi (Rotate)
ZIP

Ganryu Musashi Ganryuki
FBA

Grind Stormer (No Sound) (Rotate)
ZIP

Hellfire
ZIP

Hyper Pacman
ZIP

Last Resort
FBA

League Bowling
FBA

Overtop
FBA

Pang! 3
ZIP

Pulstar
FBA

Strider
ZIP

Thrash Rally
FBA

U.N. Squadron
ZIP

Varth - Operation Thunderstorm
ZIP

Zed Blade - Operation Ragnarok
FBA

Zero Wing
ZIP
All Your Base Are Belong To Us!!

Kalisiin said:
This is a good start, but do you think you could make notes about some of these games in the list...for example, like you did with Batsugun (no sound) or which of the games are (rotated) because some people, like me, can't STAND rotated games - it is NOT comfortable at all to hold the Dingoo sideways and control with your left hand, and try to fire with the right!! Also, which do you have as a .zip file, versus which needed to be a cache file...and any special settings to make the games work would also be helpful.

I added (zip/cache) but I won't have time to check through them all again for rotation, sorry. 6.4mb is the largest zip file I had working.

Generally, Capcom games and rotated shooters require the "Stretch Horizontal" setting.

GunPei2X said:
Kalisiin said:

I added (zip/cache) but I won't have time to check through them all again for rotation, sorry. 6.4mb is the largest zip file I had working.

Generally, Capcom games and rotated shooters require the "Stretch Horizontal" setting.

Excellent.
I'll try the games you list (the ones I like, anyway) and add them to my list. Helps to know if they need to be ZIP or FBA, so, thanks.

I did not get

Aero fighters 2/Sonic Wings 2 to work as a ZIP.
Ghost Pilots did not work as a ZIP.
Sengoku2 did not work as a ZIP.
Truxton2 did not work as a ZIP.

Captain Commando works.
Teki-Paki works.
The Punisher works.
Warriors of Fate works.

More info will follow, for now, calling it a night.

19xx Works as Cache (rotate)
Aero Fighters II/Sonic wings II Works as Cache (Sound Problem, best to just not use sound)
Alien vs. Predator Works as Cache
Armored Warriors works as Cache.
Dimahoo works as Cache
D&D Shadow/Mystara works as Cache
D&D Tower/Doom works as Cache
Ghost Pilots works as Cache
Giga Wing works as Cache
Mars Matrix works as Cache

Sengoku 2 did not work as a Cache file, either.

Truxton 2 refused to become a Cache file.

Crossed Swords works as Cache
Guwange works as Cache (rotate) (entirely in Japanese)
Neo Drift Out works as Cache.
Shock Troopers 2 works as Cache

Strikers 1945 Plus worked as Cache, with horrible graphic errors

Yes, I didn't include a list of working games. To tell you the truth I don't know exactly which ones will and won't work as there are too many to test.

I can give you a list of all COMPILED in games but that's about as good as I can give you.

Anyway, there's a new release coming soon.

slaanesh said:
Yes, I didn't include a list of working games. To tell you the truth I don't know exactly which ones will and won't work as there are too many to test.

I can give you a list of all COMPILED in games but that's about as good as I can give you.

Anyway, there's a new release coming soon.

Can we include that list, so that we know what to test and what to not even bother with?

Also...is it possible that the ability to rotate screens could be in the new edition, so that some of the rotated shooters can be rotated the right way around? Of course, the option would also have to scale that correctly...

Pleeease???

Here is My List So Far:

19XX (rotate)
FBA

FBA

Aero Fighters (rotate)
ZIP

Aero Fighters II/Sonic Wings II (Sound Problem, best not to use sound)
FBA

Alien vs Predator
FBA

Alpha Mission II
FBA

Andro Dunos
FBA

Armored Warriors
FBA

Batsugun (No Sound) (Rotate)
ZIP

Blazing Star
FBA

Bomb Jack
ZIP

Carrier Air Wing
ZIP

Captain Commando
ZIP

Dimahoo
FBA

Dogyuun (No Sound) (Rotate)
ZIP

DonPachi (Rotate)
ZIP

D&D - Shadow/Mystara
FBA

D&D - Tower/Doom
FBA

Ganryu Musashi Ganryuki
FBA

Ghost Pilots
FBA

GigaWing
FBA

Grind Stormer (No Sound) (Rotate)
ZIP

Hellfire
ZIP

Hyper Pacman
ZIP

Last Resort
FBA

League Bowling
FBA

Mars Matrix
FBA

Neo Drift Out
FBA

Overtop
FBA

Pang! 3
ZIP

Pulstar
FBA

The Punisher
ZIP

Sengoku
FBA

Sengoku 2
FBA

Sengoku 3
FBA

Shock Troopers II
FBA

Strider
ZIP

Strikers 1945 Plus
FBA

Teki-Paki (No Sound)
ZIP

Thrash Rally
FBA

Turbo Force (rotate)
ZIP

U.N. Squadron
ZIP

Varth - Operation Thunderstorm
ZIP

Warriors of Fate
ZIP

Zed Blade - Operation Ragnarok
FBA

Zero Wing
ZIP
All Your Base Are Belong To Us!!

There is also the problem of different romsets behaving differently. Mine were taken from an Xbox FBA disc. A couple you got working didn't work for me, and vice verse.

GunPei2X said:
There is also the problem of different romsets behaving differently. Mine were taken from an Xbox FBA disc. A couple you got working didn't work for me, and vice verse.
Be nice if we could tell what the difference is between the ones I got working and you didn't...and vice versa...so that we could each have all of them working.

I'd say it would be a good start if you told me what I got working and you didn't, and vice versa.
then we could compare our ROMsets and see what files are included in each one of the working ones.

Then, of course, it would be up to each of us to find the missing pieces of our various ROMsets.

I know, I'm dancing on thin ice here suggesting it, BUT I am not suggesting an outright swap or anything...just saying that, if we each have ZIP's...then we can compare and contrast...and find the missing chips on our own, I think both of us must know how to do that, eh?

Mind, of course...that I only listed the ones I like, and am keeping. a few others worked, but I didn't care for them, and so I'm not keeping them, and a few I never even tested at all, because I knew I would not like them.

For example, the Street fighters and King of Fighters ones, I never even tried, because I do not like that genre of games. Beat 'em-ups are one thing...beat 'em -ups with no plot or reason for beating up the other player is another.

For example, the Punisher is a beat'em-up I can deal with, as there is a REASON for beating up the bad guys. On the other hand, Street Fighter...well, there's no real reason to be beating up the other guy...so I don't really care for that game.

Basically, if you are in a ring, and beating up another guy, that is usually a beat-em-up that I do not like. A scrolling fighter is different. Usually those at least have a REASON why you're beating up the other guys. But again, that is just my personal taste.

Added Turbo Force to my FBA. Works as a ZIP, you need to rotate, but, in this game, the rotation is not as bothersome.

Of course, I play all (rotate) games as side scrollers, instead of vertical scrollers, holding the dingoo the correct way, and the controls work. But, for some reason, this game, as a side-scroller rather than vertical...does not bother me as much as, say, 1942 as a side-scroller versus vertical scroller...does.

Also added

Sengoku - FBA

Sengoku 3 - FBA

Aero Fighters / Sonic Wing - ZIP

Also just added

Bomb Jack - ZIP

Back