files visible in pandora but invisible in windows...

ahahah

hello

i have copyed some .bin/.cue psx files on my sd card (so they were visible with windows when i copyed them), and i have played with them on pandora.

now, the files are visible on the pandora but when i open the folder which contains them i can't see them on windows (xp and seven), the folder is empty for windows (0 kb), but when i insert de sd card in pandora i can see them and play with them without problem.

ps: i have formatted the sd card in fat32 system with windows. is there a problem with allocation or some technical reason?

i have tryed it but without any result i copyed these files they were not hidden and were not system files.

Did you format the card with the Panasonic SD Formatter ?

It's not normal behaviour, but maybe the properties of the folder have somehow been changed - in Windows go to the folder and from the drop down menus choose 'folder options' and check that 'show hidden files' (I'm 90% sure that's the option) is activated - once you can see the files you can click on them and change their properties, if they have somehow become 'hidden'.

I'd suggest you open up a command prompt (Start -> Run-> CMD) and type chkdsk x:  (where x is the drive letter of the SD card) and see what it has to say.

- Neelix

Did you format the card with the Panasonic SD Formatter ?

It's not normal behaviour, but maybe the properties of the folder have somehow been changed - in Windows go to the folder and from the drop down menus choose 'folder options' and check that 'show hidden files' (I'm 90% sure that's the option) is activated - once you can see the files you can click on them and change their properties, if they have somehow become 'hidden'.
no i've formatted it with the windows formatter tool. it's doesn't give the same result?

I'd suggest you open up a command prompt (Start -> Run-> CMD) and type chkdsk x:  (where x is the drive letter of the SD card) and see what it has to say.

- Neelix
i can't do this.

now when i insert the sd card in my computer, windows says the card needs to be formatted and it shows 0 byte, as if the card is not formatted.

but when i insert it in the pandora i can see all the files/directories and use them.

does the pandora os use a file system readable with windows?

no i've formatted it with the windows formatter tool. it's doesn't give the same result?
 No, the Panasonic formatting tool is more 'thorough' it's a sort of 'official' tool of the SD card makers & it's been known to solve some users problems in the past. I always prep my cards with it. Just grab it from the link in my previous post and make sure to full format the card Fat32 with it.

does the pandora os use a file system readable with windows?
On a card that's formatted Fat32 (or NTFS etc) you should be able to see everything - certainly any files you have dropped onto the card.

Sounds like there's a corruption of some sort, if the card is otherwise OK then a format with the Panasonic tool should make it healthy once again.

Just out of curiosity, what make and capacity is the card?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a Kingston card? Should be good if it's from a reliable source (google 'elite pro 32gb sd card fake' and see some reports) , in the past some of the lesser brands have proved troublesome.

no it's not kingston it's elite pro

but i think it is a fake 32gb because h2testw has detected problems with sectors of the card

here is the report:

Code:
The media is likely to be defective.
3.6 GByte OK (7663576 sectors)
27.5 GByte DATA LOST (57837608 sectors)
Details:27.1 GByte overwritten (57030506 sectors)
0 KByte slightly changed (< 8 bit/sector, 0 sectors)
394.0 MByte corrupted (807102 sectors)
31.5 MByte aliased memory (64624 sectors)
First error at offset: 0x0000000000078e48
Expected: 0x8805789bd82b3dd1
Found: 0x8805789bd8233dd1
H2testw version 1.3
Writing speed: 3.42 MByte/s
Reading speed: 4.55 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

Try a full format with the Panasonic formatter and see what happens, but it does appear from that report it could be a fake 32gb that's actually 4gb :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back