Fgen32 Public Beta @ Http://www.retrodev.info/

sensible GP32 posted on Jul 2 2004 at 05:27 PM said:
Kop_007 posted on Jul 2 2004 at 05:05 PM said:
sensible GP32 posted on Jul 2 2004 at 02:33 PM said:
Kop_007 posted on Jul 2 2004 at 10:33 AM said:
which reminds me, gotta get Fifa 96 on it. Wouldn't touch a Fifa game today mind (Winng Eleven all the way), but my mate had Fifa on his Mega Drive and was simply the best game of it's time...untill ISS came out on the Snes....ha ha ha.
iss? fifa?

and u have a sensible soccer avatar tut tut ;)
You cant deny that Pro Evolution/Winning Eleven is the best football game of today. Infact, it's the only game I play on my PS2.

But I do still play Sensi on my GP32. That should make you happy.
yea ill give u that, pro evo is simply wonderful but fifa 96 and international superstar soccer are simply orrible
Depends what version of Fifa 96 you're talking about - to put it simply, it's crap on everything but the MegaDrive. Give it a go on the MegaDrive, so much better than anything else.

So what was the best Footy game of the 16bit era? Sensible Soccer on Snes? I dont know.

The one I played the most was Striker and it's sequal World Cup Striker....pure comedy song at the start.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what was the best Footy game of the 16bit era? Sensible Soccer on Snes? I dont know.

Sensible World of Soccer on the Amiga.

Getting back on topic. Pirates! Gold works. It works! I can play it sitting on the toilet. I can play it sitting on the bus, I can play the best game ever made on a ****ing airplane.

I have to go make a donation to Ryleh.

super_furry posted on Jul 2 2004 at 11:49 PM said:
Getting back on topic. Pirates! Gold works. It works! I can play it sitting on the toilet. I can play it sitting on the bus, I can play the best game ever made on a ****ing airplane.
You already could 5 years ago, with the Nomad console.

damaki posted on Jul 3 2004 at 11:23 AM said:
Sure you could; for about an hour before the 6 AA batteries died on you. :lol:

One thing I'd like to add:

I tried Sword of Vermillion, and lo and behold; SOUND!! I nearly peed my pants from excitement! That is, until the first intro screen appeared after entering my name. It just sits there, frozen ... mocking me and my premature glee, all the while, the music still plays :(

I know it's kind of a crappy game, but it was the first game my future wife and I bought along with the Genesis (we pooled our monies together to get the system and this one game ... saved up for months) Ah, such warm, fuzzy memories ...

::cough:: anyway, yeah .. is this a cyclone issue as well?

it sounds like a z80 issue to me
the cyclone is close to perfect on this version

hopefully you will be able to play your game soon

super_furry posted on Jul 2 2004 at 06:34 AM said:
Anyone tried Pirates! Gold yet? If that works, I may have to pledge my first born.
The only game I've bothered trying yet.... and it finally seems like it's working. Haven't tested it throughly- because I can't get Fgen to run at all anymore. Not sure what happened.

TelcoLou posted on Jul 3 2004 at 11:20 AM said:
One thing I'd like to add:

I tried Sword of Vermillion, and lo and behold; SOUND!! I nearly peed my pants from excitement! That is, until the first intro screen appeared after entering my name. It just sits there, frozen ... mocking me and my premature glee, all the while, the music still plays :(

I know it's kind of a crappy game, but it was the first game my future wife and I bought along with the Genesis (we pooled our monies together to get the system and this one game ... saved up for months) Ah, such warm, fuzzy memories ...

::cough:: anyway, yeah .. is this a cyclone issue as well?

Sword of Vermilion is one of my favourites, for those interested it is sadly a Cyclone bug, but actually not a separate bug but rather the same bug as affects the crazy score of SOR, Rolling Thunder etc.

There is an invisible counter which counts in decimal, using ABCD or SBCD (can't remember which one). Cyclone sets the flags wrong as such it doesn't timeout and move to the next frame of the storyline when it reached the end.

But I just can't figure out why, I keep looking over my ABCD and SBCD code, and it looks right, and the flags look right too. So at this point, I'm perplexed! I'll let you know if there are any breakthroughs.

Grr - so close yet niggling bugs remain!

Just uploaded Cyclone 0.072 source by the way, but it's only a slight fix for a bug in the intro of Block Out (afaik).

By the way, does anyone else get a crash at the end of scanning roms on fGen32? I do, so I can't try out the new fGen32 sadly. Any ideas?

It may be having trouble scanning some zip files which have non-roms in them, if there are any in the dir. I remember I used to have problems with crashes, but I can't quite remember what caused them, I'm afraid. Not with this, with fSMS, but its the same scanner, I think.

triksR4rabits posted on Jul 5 2004 at 12:20 AM said:
God bless you fdave :wub: :p
Seriously though, thank you so much for all your hard work.
y r u blessing fdave?

I forgot sonic doesnt have the standing spinny thin in Sonic 1 that he has in Sonic 2,3 & Knuckles

I was getting really confused coz i was holding down and A and he wasnt spinning

fdave posted on Jul 5 2004 at 01:12 AM said:
By the way, does anyone else get a crash at the end of scanning roms on fGen32? I do, so I can't try out the new fGen32 sadly. Any ideas?
Yes I did the first time I tried it. It was because I had used an earlier beta of fGen before, so I just deleted all the old config files etc and it worked as it should again.

just a quick question, and thats how close are you to z80 support? Since once thats in its pretty much perfect for me.

So just wondering if you could guesstimate how long it will take to get that done.

DReffects posted on Jul 14 2004 at 07:47 PM said:
yep - give us an update !!! *dying*
that sort of thing can get you flamed round these parts sonny

old-man.jpg

seriously, its rude, biting, hand, feeds n all that jazz!

TelcoLou posted on Jul 3 2004 at 11:12 AM said:
damaki posted on Jul 3 2004 at 11:23 AM said:
Sure you could; for about an hour before the 6 AA batteries died on you. :lol:
Interesting story about that actually, I almost didn't release PicoDrive because of the Nomad... after all Sega already had a way of playing MD games on the move, why should I cause them piracy for no reason?

Then I actually found someone who had a Nomad and realised what a large machine it is and what a battery muncher it is! So I carried on with Cyclone and PicoDrive... it really does have a purpose in that case!

spray posted on Jul 14 2004 at 08:07 PM said:
that sort of thing can get you flamed round these parts sonny
huh? just wanted to point out that my sexlife is not complete without a good genesis game at the evening^^ this post shows nothing but devotion and submissiveness towards the fgen coder.

meaning: keep up the good work, looking forward for more

Back