fGB32...big problems

IntenseWage

Website
Visit site
This is the second time fGB32 has killed my SMC out of nowhere. First, it stopped loading Link's Awakening. Then it froze when I tried any games, and after that, PacROM just wouldn't boot my SMC. When I tried linking it to the comp, it needed to be formatted. I'm sick of this happening. Anyone else get this crap? How does that other emu, VCGB (or whatever it was) play Link's Awakening?

Its happened to me with SMS32, Snes9x, and for that matter, Castaway.

Interestingly, I managed to recover the stuff from the Castaway crash through careful application of scandisk. Lost all the filenames, though :(. Thank god most were .zips.

It happened to me once while using fSMS32. However, I was creating a save state at the time and then the batteries ran out mid way through, so that was probably why it happened for me.

i used to have probs with fGB32 also but i just put in fresh batteries. i also think that flashed firmwares might have something to do with it but that is just something that i find commonly when people have probs.

I should probably have mentioned that on (most of) the occasions when this has happened, its from something like some idiot taking the SMC out in the middle of it being used, or turning off in the middle of saving state. Or crashing when writing; you know the drill.

There's a fair few times when that's not been the case though...

I never take out my SMC, and the batteries are fresh. Everytime I make a save-state, I go back to the game, then back to the menu so it saves to s-ram, just because I'm paranoid. It's happened before and it's only ever happened with fGB32.

Well, it killed my smc today, but that was my fault because the batteries were low.
But what kills me is that instead of saving, the emulator sometimes deletes the game save. Nothing like playing the awesome mgs from the start all over again after already being 6 hours into it.....

Back