Fennec Alpha 2 Version Is Out

Actually I have several instances all the time. My browsing is quite chaotic ;) All I meant is the practical difference wouldn't be that big. You have to do one click more without tabs if you display the tabs in the main window, which would just take up screen space. One click on home and another on the menu entry and you have switched to another browser instance. If you hide the tabs in full screen mode to conserve screen space, it would be the same. One click to open the tab-menu and another to select the tab.
The biggest benefit of tabbed browsing would be conserving memory resources.

I agree, that it would be very nice to have a tab-feature, but personally I could live without, if I must :)

BTW you should try the Webkit engine for microB if you didn't already, it is incredibly fast :D
It has got some glitches, but they are being worked on.
http://internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25752

(To activate Red-pill open appl. manager, click menu, options, program catalogue, new, in the url-field type matrix, click cancel and then it asks you, which mode you would like to activate.)

What about midori? the interface is pretty minimal and it is fast as far as i can tell it only slows down due to swaping on my laptop which is only 300mhz and 64mb ram

on the console i have about 10mb used desktop about 30 and midori pushes about 30 or so into swap and ram usage goes up to about 45-50 flash just barely run xD)

on my laptop firefox 3.1 is totally unusable it does good to load at all and I havn't bothered to try seamonkey 2.x alpha it should be a bit lighter though

I've only used Midori a little bit (for maybe 5 minutes), but it works quite nicely on a 400MHz PXA270 w/ 64MB RAM (the Zaurus SL-C3100). I'm looking forward to trying it on the Pandora.

I'm sure you shouldn't mix Midori and Pandora.
photo01.jpg

Let's see if Pandora beats those five minutes of Zaurus surviving this torture :lol:

mali said:
Let's see if Pandora beats those five minutes of Zaurus surviving this torture :lol:
Just to clarify, the Zaurus survived just fine (in other words, "No gadgets were harmed in the testing of this piece of software") :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Back