Fenix Type Alignment

Sandman

Still Fresh
Could someone with a gp2x and fenix 0.92a (or another one, but preferably 0.92a), run this code and post back the result? This would be very awesome. :) The point of the test is to determine whether or not Fenix counteracts on the default alignment option on the arm cpu.
CODE
#ifdef COMPILER_VERSION
import "mod_say"
#endif

Type aap
byte b;
int i;
End

Private
aap a;
Begin

a.b = 0;
a.i = 5;
say(a.i);

End

Of course, if you know the answer, feel free to comment. :)

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tried it using the Linux-version of Fenix 0.92 and I got the answer "5". Can't try with my GP2X now though, out of batteries.

Edit : Just noticed you need to see what the arm cpu does. Sorry, cannot help right now then. Perhaps someone else can, otherwise Ill have a go tomorrow when my batteries are charged.

Couldn't you have supplied a GP2X executable, so that anyone (with a GP2X) could try it?

Thanks Imerion, that would be great. :)

Ian, I don't know enough of Fenix on the gp2x to be able to tell what it needs or how it works. As far as I know, it only needs an fxi runtime, but I don't know. It segfaults here anyway.

I've just re-read my original post and have to aplogise for how terse it (unintentially) appears. Sorry about that.

Fenix appears to have moved on significantly since I used it last (around the time of DIV's death), and I don't even know it offered Types back then!

Of course if you want any executables testing, then just ask. :)

Hehe no hard feelings. :) I remember you from DIV Arena.

As far as I know, this is the latest Fenix for GP2X port: http://www.gp32wip.com/files/projects/gp2x/ufenix_v02.zip
If I understand it correctly, you can use the runtime/ufxi to start the .DCB, which needs to be created using 0.92a on the pc. I think! So here it is.

If you're not up to speed on Fenix stuff, checkout Bennu: http://wiki.bennugd.org and http://betatester.bennugd.org/betas/ . I am busy making a gp2x port of Bennu. Currently everything is actually working; I made a mod_gp2x which gives the Bennu user easy control over some of those hardware input/output things (backlight, battery LED, etc) and access to the buttons. However, the alignment of the arm cpu is bitching and I don't know if doing echo 2 > /proc/cpu/alignment is a 'nice' solution. So I wondered if the Fenix port did anything for it.

On another note: are there hardware accelerated versions of SDL floating around to which I can dynamically link? It seems Paeryn's SDL is only static and making it using MSYS only gives me a static one. I really need dynamic ones.

Well someone tested it for me. Thanks for your help though. :)

Still, if someone knows something about a hardware accelerated SDL I can dynamically link to, please tell me.

Well someone tested it for me. Thanks for your help though.

Sorry for not getting back to you. I forgot about this post and just now noticed I had forgotten. Good thing someone else stepped in.

'Sandman' said:
I am busy making a gp2x port of Bennu.

Interesting! I've been looking into Bennu a bit and it introduces some nice things.
But the lack of a gp2x version made me keep developing with fenix 0.92a for now.

Let us know when you have a first release and good luck. :p

Well I actually have had it done for some weeks, just wanted to perfect it, but then my GP2X broke (well I broke it, will fix it this weekend if I have time). But anyway, here is the first release.

Let me know if it is to your liking. :)

'Sandman' said:
Well I actually have had it done for some weeks, just wanted to perfect it, but then my GP2X broke (well I broke it, will fix it this weekend if I have time). But anyway, here is the first release.

Let me know if it is to your liking. :)
It works pretty good, no problems yet and I like many of the features Bennu introduces since Fenix 0.92a. :)

Do you think it's possible to get networking up via usbnet on the f-100? So far I have a working code, but I need a libnetwork.so for the gp2x, I could only find a windows dll on the wiki. Thanks.

Back