Voxelstein 3d

modred11

Still Fresh
It's in Direct3D so it's unlikely, but it's pretty cool (I think), having the destructible voxels and all.

I guess it uses the Voxlap engine, so, if that were rewritten not to use direct3D then it'd work!

for those who don't know Voxelstein 3D is a game that uses Voxels (3D pixels) and is inspired by wolfenstein 3D. It uses some of the sounds from the freeware version and it's made to look more or less similar to old wolfy.

Curerntly it's not very far along, well, it is, but it only has one very short level and it doesn't have a menu, gameplay just starts immediately.

I imagine rewriting from direct3D to openGL would be rather difficult and that this isn't overly likely, but still.

Blowing stuff up and actually having it be exploded... mm.

But I mean it uses it's own software rendered so I don't know how much it uses the direct3D stuff, although IDK really I guess.

oh right, it's open source and stuff too, yeah, it's on sourceforge, written in C++. (That's Voxelstein 3D. Voxlap is on Ken Silverman's website, and it's open source... but it's under his own license thing.)

[hey! the link works! and the ' aren't redoubling themselves!]

The only game I'm still waiting to be able to play is WWF Superstars arcade. it runs well, and very easily on MAME for PC, but nothing seems to be able to run it on GP2X :(

Back