Fenix Driving Controls

dmoo

Still Fresh
hope this isnt too basic but how do you implement car driving controls in fenix?

so that when you turn, accelerate is going to keep you going forward, the only way i can think of atm is through a really complex angle formula and manipulating x and y, or is there something obvious im missing (like a function to determine which way an object is facing)? the lack of english speaking forums and examples makes this language hard to pick up...

Thanks,

dmoo

hope this isnt too basic but how do you implement car driving controls in fenix?

so that when you turn, accelerate is going to keep you going forward, the only way i can think of atm is through a really complex angle formula and manipulating x and y, or is there something obvious im missing (like a function to determine which way an object is facing)? the lack of english speaking forums and examples makes this language hard to pick up...

Thanks,

dmoo
Advance(SPEED_NUMBER);

EG.

Advance(4);

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want real car physics, advance() alone will not give you the effect you want to have, it just moves the process in the direction its facing (the angle).

You need to work out a formula for it then.

yea, im adding momentum and working on making the tail slide out round corners

theres lots to experiment with though, im looking at 32 isometric animation as well, trying to settle on which i like best.

basically ive made lots of other small mini games using a lil c and loads of actionscript games and want to have a go at a micromachines esque game (which i see someone else on here is also aiming for!)

dmoo

Cool idea.

If you need any Fenix related help, feel free to contact me via any of the commen IMs.

Back