Feature request Open Pandora

Eight Bit

Hardcore Member
Website
Visit site
Since Ptitseb's most excellent compile of Opsu, it happened 3 times to me already that my Pandora suddenly shuts down because I'm out of battery. I had played too long ;)

What I kind of miss is a way to quickly see the battery stats and time while playing a game. Something like Live System info but less bulky and intrusive.
Just a small overlay of time and battery level somewhere on 2/3rd of the screen top line.

Would that be hard to make? Would anyone be willing to make that for me? :D

Hi is your Pandora not blinking a red Light when the Battery runs under 10 Percent?
[doublepost=1468093179,1468092779][/doublepost]Here are Pictures where you can set the Battery Percent for the blinking Red Light Warning:

Maybe them Help you :D
snapshot2.jpg
snapshot3.jpg

I don't think those numbers affect the red light. If I plug my Pandora in as soon as I see the light, the low battery message doesn't appear. There's probably something in /usr/pandora/scripts that sets the flashing light at the appropriate time, but I've never investigated myself.

Oh.. I switched off all sort of LED stuff with Notaz's latest firmware, maybe that's why I missed any flashing red lights. Or I was too busy playing to notice. ;)

The Live System info PND works great (with Opsu atleast) as it's an overlay so it would have to be something like that but smaller and with less info.

Check the Parameters in /etc/pandora/conf/eventmap, bbut because it shuts down Automatically these seem to be correct.

Ah i think i have the right Idea for you.

In my second Picture you can set a custom Command when the Battery goes low.

set here:
Code:
pnd_run /path/to/your/sysinfopnd/sysinfo.pnd

And everytime when the Battery goes low then the Sysinfo will Appear.
You can set that Sysinfo appear with 5 Percent Battery Power :)

I'd like a permanent time and battery overlay so I won't play too long. Not something that pops up when it's too late.
How about modifying the source of Live system info? Seems pretty straight forward, just remove all get_* calls in main() except get_bcap() and get_btime() for a quick hack-ish functional edit.

I'd do it, but I feel like that's something I get beaten to again until I get it properly packaged up.

That would be interesting. A "hotkey" that is programmable to show just the current time and battery level left. You'd still have to set the parameters of said background process - for 10 minutes or 5 minutes left of battery usage if you forget to check up on your battery status. I've also ran my Pandy down to the ground when playing...not noticing the red blinking light...okay I ignored it. Who am I kidding?
[doublepost=1468196642,1468196111][/doublepost]
How about modifying the source of Live system info? Seems pretty straight forward, just remove all get_* calls in main() except get_bcap() and get_btime() for a quick hack-ish functional edit.

I'd do it, but I feel like that's something I get beaten to again until I get it properly packaged up.

IMO, it should be select-able by a button and only kick in automatically according to the owner's menu choice of alert-able options. Five minutes? How about Seven? If it's a layer ontop of any game that doesn't crash it or the system? Please, make it so.

Maybe it's something that Notaz has missed or didn't realize that portable-gamers need? Maybe he has it in there and we don't know how to implement the feature. He's brilliant. He will know.

Back