Favourite Racing Game On Gp2x?

andyB911

Website
Visit site
I'm looking for inspiration... Whats your favourite racing game currently playable on the gp2x? Currently I'm playing a lot of Super Hang On which is great... but suspect there must be something better.

Suggestions?

Thanks for the ideas guys.

I remember Stunt Car Racer on the Speccy, but never seen it in its 16bit glory so will take that for a spin.

2 of my favorite ever racing games are Virtua Racing on the MegaDrive and Porsche Challenge on the PS1. Unfortunately I doubt either of these will ever be able to run on the gp2x. :(

I remember Stunt Car Racer on the Speccy, but never seen it in its 16bit glory so will take that for a spin.

2 of my favorite ever racing games are Virtua Racing on the MegaDrive and Porsche Challenge on the PS1. Unfortunately I doubt either of these will ever be able to run on the gp2x. :(
Why not? Megadrive emulation on the gp2x is just about perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:

Why not? Megadrive emulation on the gp2x is just about perfect.
Not for Virtua Racing it isn't. It's a tough game to emulate, mainly because it incorporates a special processor in the cartridge and is the only game to use that processor.

Edit: I just tested it to be sure and nope, wouldn't even start up in DrMDx.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Virtua Racing with the SVC(?) chip in the cartridge will make it tricky... but it would be brilliant if possible.
Well, next time reesy shows up on these boards (he hasn't been on for quite some time) make sure you suggest that.

Vroom on the ST
SuperCars I and II on the ST
Test Drive on the ST
Super Monaco GP on the megadrive
Outrun on the megadrive
Lotus I and II on the ST
Continental Circus on the ST

Back