Favourite live music performance..?

Hmm.... thats a tough one, either:

Tool's 10,000 Days Tour @ MEN Arena (Manchester) 2006 - Acoustics were just right, the set was great and the precision and complexity of the performance was amazing. And thats before mentioning the psychedelic visuals throughout!

or

Rammstein's Liebe ist fur alle da Tour @ MEN Arena (Manchester) 2010 - Again acoustics and sound set up was just right, the set was the perfect mix of old and new material and of course the stage show was amazing, naturally featuring giant flamethrowers and of course the infamous Penis Cannon!

really hard to choose between these two as on both occasions the performances where excellent same goes for the visuals, although Tool were technically superior i think i'm going to have to choose Rammstein, solely because they had Combichrist as their supporting act and they were EPIC live.

^

That is one of my favorites.

@Monkfish Tool is amazing, can't wait for their next album. Do you like Puscifer?

Pearl Jam puts on a pretty amazing show minus the laser goodness of Tool.

Yes Link i do like Puscifer and A Perfect Circle too... did you know Maynard from Tool is has his own vineyard and makes very good wines (might be the perfect christmas present if you like a drink)

Chuck Brown and The Soul Searchers - Kentish Town Hall (now The Forum) circa 1985 or 86.

The Specials - Brixton O2 Academy 2010

Naragonia at the last "Rencontres Internationales de Luthiers et Maîtres Sonneurs".

I always loved this band, but having them live at a dancing stage in a little forest at a Chateau for some hours was awesome.

You should see the people dancing all those different folkdances to this.

No effects, no posing, just wonderful music with perfect timing on fine handmade instruments.

I was there, dancing with french girls (and a wonderful black english girl) of course: ;)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/yvM0iyshI-o?feature=oembed

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing Jean Michel Jarre playing in the Docklands (1988 was it really that long ago! :eek: ) and in Paris has to be top of my list. Incredible.

^

Nice old school find!

Yes Link i do like Puscifer and A Perfect Circle too... did you know Maynard from Tool is has his own vineyard and makes very good wines (might be the perfect christmas present if you like a drink)
Oh yeah, got an autographed bottle from Whole Foods a few years back, think it was from his first run. Drank the wine, and kept the empty. I hear that ruins the value, but a broken bottle of full wine is harder to clean up than just broken glass. I don't have a wine cellar. Gave a bottle to my stepbrother when he got married.

My neighbor is drilling holes every morning, and i have no other choice than enjoy it otherwise i will break his arms and go to jail.

Marilyn Manson in the 90s and early 2000s, Tool

Red Hot Chilly Pepers and Rammstein

oh and Jimmy Hendrix and Nirvanna :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw Rush on their Vapor Trails tour.. I've been a fan of Neil Peart's drumming for years and it's even better live.

I saw Iron Maiden several times from 1999 to 2010 and those were great concerts too.

NIN in concert was pretty good too.

I've been a lot of concerts but those come to mind.

I saw Rush on their Vapor Trails tour.. I've been a fan of Neil Peart's drumming for years and it's even better live.

I saw Iron Maiden several times from 1999 to 2010 and those were great concerts too.

NIN in concert was pretty good too.

I've been a lot of concerts but those come to mind.

Nine Inch Nails is pretty damn good :D

Back