Favourite Driving Game For The Gp2x?

deepmenace

Website
Visit site
i am really feeling the need for a behind-the-car driving game ( i.e. not micro machines style or isometric, etc ).
surely its a staple of any handheld.

are there are 3-d ones for any of the emulators?

anyone got any gems? i really cant think of any ( had no console as a youth, only amiga )

sorry if this is a repeat thread, did a quick seach prior and found nowt.

deepmenace posted on Jul 5 2006 at 05:30 PM said:
i am really feeling the need for a behind-the-car driving game ( i.e. not micro machines style or isometric, etc ).
surely its a staple of any handheld.

are there are 3-d ones for any of the emulators?

anyone got any gems? i really cant think of any ( had no console as a youth, only amiga )

sorry if this is a repeat thread, did a quick seach prior and found nowt.

Definitely Vroom on Amiga or ST.

And the Lotus series were also very good. And CrazyCars too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I second the Lotus recommendation, though I don't know in which platform it's best (I play on Genesis myself and don't have any complaints). Another excellent driving game on the Genesis is Road Rash (I and II are the best IMO). Even though they're not car-racing games, it's great fun anyway.

Stunt Car Racer on Atari ST, Amiga, C64, Spectrum, possibly others too.

My first vote would be Vroom, but that has already been suggested above.

I like Rock 'n' Roll racing, and Super Off-Road. Road Rash II is one of my favorite racing game of all time, and the two Lotus games aren't bad. All of those are Genesis games.

carlgeorge posted on Jul 5 2006 at 05:24 PM said:
Stunt Car Racer on Atari ST, Amiga, C64, Spectrum, possibly others too.

My first vote would be Vroom, but that has already been suggested above.

OK can u play vroom properly in UAE?

That game is that quickly that playing with frame skip or slowed down is not good...

Last edited by a moderator:
VROOOM on Amiga was great, No Second Prize was clever with all the 3D stuff ( motorbikes ), Jaguar XJ220 was entertaining if you managed to play it for a while ( similar to the Lotus series ), Stunt car driver too of course, errr, many games, SkidMarks was also fun... I'm going to have to go through my collection again :lol:

I don't need to miss the old days, I have my Amiga and GP2X right here on this desk :lol:

I liked Road Rush and Outrun ( I was quite useless at both though ), I didn't like Outrun Europa ( or whatever they named it :lol: )...

And Formula One Grand Prix, 4D Sports Driving, and so on... I'm getting nostalgic, I'll probably power my Amiga up tonight :D

For DrMD I like,
Outrun
Outrunners
Lotus
edit: forgot about "Street Racer"

For gngeo2x
Neo Driftout

edit: I forgot about Power Drift on the Hu6280!

Vroom/F1 (better version from Domark) amazingly runs fullspeed with sound on UAE4ALL at 250mhz and a small, unnoticable frameskip. Check the wiki for best settings.

Vroom is also on Atari ST and MD (as F1 World Championship).

Other recommendations:

Buggy Boy (ST/Ami/c64)
Nigel Mansell (SNES/Amiga/MD?)
Street Racer (SNES/MD)
Chase HQ (ZX)
Turbo Outrun (c64/MD)
Lotus 2 (ST/Ami/MD)
Crazy Cars 3 (ST/Ami)
Outrunners (MD)
Super Monaco GP 2 (MD)
Top Gear 2 (SNES/MD)

Back