Fans Of Cluedo.....

EvilDragon said:
To spice up the game, some cool dialogues would be really great (like the ones from the old movies :D)

So, not only simple questions, but maybe some clues hidden in the answers and dialogues.
And maybe even some clues hidden in the rooms :)

Maybe you don't have a max number of moves, but the murderer starts getting on your trail after a while... and you need to be fast enough finding him before he kills you :D
I'll try and include some dialogues though they will be a bit limited as really at its heart Cluedo is no more than a card based Logic game. You're actually describing a game that I would love to do a remake of, and most probably will at some point. The game is called 'Sleuth' and was an old dos based game using ascii characters for the graphics. you solved the murder by trying to find contradicting alibis. You were also tracked by the killer who would become suspicious of your enquiries. I have a real soft spot for mystery based games so will undoubtedly do a 'Sleuth' remake but I'll get this one made first.

edit:
A neat feature of sleuth was that you could rename the characters so you could have a murder mystery involving all your friends. When i do get round to doing a remake I would definately have to include this feature and allow you to alter avatars for the characters as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
The pics look great !!
You guys here have really changed my view on homebrew stuff... ... you proved that it can be awesome !
(as opposed to crap)

Any idea on a rough release date ?

euro48k said:
black and white game .. probably the one and only black-and-white in video-games history ..
think twice Ruckage :)
I'm sure there are others, I remember a game on the Amiga called murder that was in black and white (another mystery game though I remember it being a bit over complicated and didn't enjoy playing it.

flammablepiss said:
The pics look great !!
You guys here have really changed my view on homebrew stuff... ... you proved that it can be awesome !
(as opposed to crap)

Any idea on a rough release date ?
Thanks, can't tell you how long it will be I'm afraid, depends what free time I have.

deps said:
Looks sweet! The black and white image was the best one. Is the lines/dotts on top of it animated?
I like the Black and White as well. Will have it as an option so you can play in colour if you prefer, the white noise lines will be animated to give it an old movie effect.

Looking great, Ruckage, looking great as always!

I like the black and white, but I think it would be a real shame to lose all those nice colours. You have a great deal of artistic talent, I always look up to your work :) I know it's offtopic, but will you come back to that Gold Miner clone you announced a little while ago?

Alex. said:
Looking great, Ruckage, looking great as always!

I like the black and white, but I think it would be a real shame to lose all those nice colours. You have a great deal of artistic talent, I always look up to your work :) I know it's offtopic, but will you come back to that Gold Miner clone you announced a little while ago?
Thanks :) , great to hear that from someone whos graphic style I also admire.

I will certainly be going back to Gold Miner, I like to have a few projects on the go and then concentrate on a particular project when I have the right ideas and enthusiasm.

i think you should make an animated black and white animated intro but then have the game be in color.

either way it's going to be pretty awesome.

"cluedo" makes a lot more sense to me now that i know about the ludo/parcheesi thing... :D

black and white game .. probably the one and only black-and-white in video-games history ..

You'll have all the old ZX81 owners after you with claims like that !!!

Well, if they were able to escape from the confines of their nursing homes that is.

It`s Clue-Ey-Dough in germany, I think :)

Like the cartoonish style of the backgrounds, b/w feature is also nice!

Mikey242 said:
Ruckage those shots look amazing!

I'm really looking forward to this one.

Might donate if you are still looking to get that program :)
That's very generous of you, I don't really need Pro-motion for the next couple of projects that I'm working on but I have a few planned where an 8bit graphics editor is necessary so when I start on those I will have to buy it.

virusx said:
The design of your game is really great Ruckage. I can't wait to see more of this.

btw, in France we spell it "CLU-HEY-DO"
Thanks, do you pronounce that how its spelled?

TheMinder said:

Well, if they were able to escape from the confines of their nursing homes that is.

And all of the original Gameboy fans for that matter....

TheMinder said:

Oi, im only 30 you know :unsure:

This looks like fun. Loving the black and white look.

Do you know those Harry Enfield fake 1930s 'instructional moving pictures' sketches?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7rrIlPu-Ao&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzhlAQgv7kE

Unfathomable Depths said:
This looks like fun. Loving the black and white look.

Do you know those Harry Enfield fake 1930s 'instructional moving pictures' sketches?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7rrIlPu-Ao&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzhlAQgv7kE

Yes - used to love those :D , this one is one of my favourites Women, know your limits

Back