Fan made sequel of Mario 64 for PC

Hmm, is that simply a rom hack, or more?

In other news, I'm surprised they haven't gotten a cease and desist order from the Big N. I know a fan made Chrono Trigger got shut down; silly companies.

Yeah, this is just a n64 rom hack. It boots thru the Pandora emu, but the graphics are glitched.

I saw this a few days ago actually, but since our emu didn't run it to well I didn't post the news. Hopefully, if we ever see great improvents to Pandora n64, this will run better. It's a full new game, with 120+ stars to be found. Looks pretty cool, I might have to fire it up on my PC at some point.

Chris

It isn't for PC, this is a complete mod for the N64 ROM. In theory you should be able to patch the ROM and it'll just work on the Pandora exactly the same as the original game in Mupen64.

As this isn't Pandora software per se, I'm a bit iffy about leaving this here in Software News. Would you mind if I moved it to General Talk?

Would be awesome to play this game just as good as Mario 64 runs in our Pandoras. :eek: :eek: :)

As this isn't Pandora software per se, I'm a bit iffy about leaving this here in Software News. Would you mind if I moved it to General Talk?

No problem, I wasnt sure where to post it, so you can put it wherever you think is best.

Would be awesome to play this game just as good as Mario 64 runs in our Pandoras. :eek: :eek: :)

No problem, I wasnt sure where to post it, so you can put it wherever you think is best.
That's a nice game,i only wish it works properly on pandora one day.

Hmm, is that simply a rom hack, or more?

In other news, I'm surprised they haven't gotten a cease and desist order from the Big N. I know a fan made Chrono Trigger got shut down; silly companies.
There is also a sad story about a fan remake of Ocarina of Time in SNES 2D style. You've never heared from that guy again... :ph34r:

On the Pandora, i have some Graphik Bugs and the Game runs slow, but on the Xperia Play on Real64, it works fine at the begining, but whitout analogcontrolls, only dpad, there is a port of muppen64 for xperia play, but i ditnt try it until now..

There is also a sad story about a fan remake of Ocarina of Time in SNES 2D style. You've never heared from that guy again... :ph34r:
You mean Dampe, the 15 year old kid who faked his own death a few years ago to try and get people to stop bothering him about the Ocarina of Time 2D demake he was doing? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
You mean Dampe, the 15 year old kid who faked his own death a few years ago to try and get people to stop bothering him about the Ocarina of Time 2D demake he was doing? :p
For anyone wanting to know what he was talking about: http://www.squidnews.com/2007/04/01/dampes-not-dead-ocarina-of-time-2d-creator-fakes-his-death/

Had to look it up myself

Hi guys!

Got some good news if you want to play this on Pandora.

Open gles2n64rom.conf in appdata for mupen.

Add the following:

Code:
rom name=SM64 Star Road

target FPS=25

enable lighting=0

Then save and load the game. Mario will be white and no shadows but it is playable! :)

Back