F200 Overclocking

seamoon

Still Fresh
Let's see how far everyone can overclock their f200's. Mine goes to 260, which sucks since I'd like to play Metal Slug with 22k sound. I hear of people reaching 280, 300 and whatnot. Does that mostly apply to the f100 or can the f200 reach as high?

Anyway, give your figures here, please.

The highest Ive ever tested was 260.. I will try later tonight, But doesn't it also matter what program you are using?

ZeroDayATK said:
The highest Ive ever tested was 260.. I will try later tonight, But doesn't it also matter what program you are using?
Dunno, maybe? Anyway, I'm running Metal Slug on Gngeo with 11k sound.

Last edited by a moderator:
It largely depends on the software your running. On some software, I can go as high as 275MHz, but the safer zone for me is 260MHz. <_<

seamoon said:
Let's see how far everyone can overclock their f200's. Mine goes to 260, which sucks since I'd like to play Metal Slug with 22k sound. I hear of people reaching 280, 300 and whatnot. Does that mostly apply to the f100 or can the f200 reach as high?

Anyway, give your figures here, please.
Just use the dual core version of the emulator.

I use the latest release that can be downloaded from gngeos homesite. V0.7. Are there later releases? Which is the dual core release? I surely can play Metal slug with 22k sound but it is choppy and not as good as with 11 k.

0.7 is only the latest 'stable' release. You need the latest 0.7a beta which uses both CPU's. The second CPU of the GP2X is utilised for sound meaning 22 KHz is no longer a problem for any game.

I've tried v07a beta now and am very impressed with the games that worked, e.g. MS4 and MS5, but I couldn't get most games to work with sound unfortunately, like MS1, Samsho 2, neo turf masters and heaps more. Can this be due to the fact that it is a beta release or do I need to tweak some values? I run the games with 22k sound @ 260 MHz. What values shall I give for 68k and z80 clock?

edit: Well, I lowered cpu speed to 250 and put 25% on z80 and 68k and games I've retried so far seems to work fine. Still wondering which values you recommend for z80 and 68k, though.

seamoon said:
I've tried v07a beta now and am very impressed with the games that worked, e.g. MS4 and MS5, but I couldn't get most games to work with sound unfortunately, like MS1, Samsho 2, neo turf masters and heaps more. Can this be due to the fact that it is a beta release or do I need to tweak some values? I run the games with 22k sound @ 260 MHz. What values shall I give for 68k and z80 clock?
That's odd... :huh: I'm also running the beta, but I can play with sound. I tried your settings (22kHz @ 260MHz) to see if they were the problem, yet they seems to be fine. I checked in both MS1 & Samsho 2, and they definitely work with sound.

What exactly happens when you play these games? No sound? They don't play at all?

I just leave the 68k & z80 clock as they are (though when I increase the 68k clock to 25%, MS2 seems to run faster during the slow parts that was originally present).

Back