F200 Fw4.1.0 Sound Issues: Pocketsnes, Gpfce

Spectre

Still Fresh
Hey all, I'm suffering from sound-so-low-you-can-barely-hear-it when running PocketSnes643 and GPFCE v0.4, I'm fairly sure this problem started with firmware 4.1.0, anybody else getting this? Haven't noticed it with any other software yet.

Have set volume to 100, both in the emulator and via GMenu2X. Audio is being emulated as if I cram my F200 into my ear I can hear it, unfortunately this isn't practical whilst playing. ;)

I'm guessing that if the new firmware is the culprit then this could be the result of GamePark fixing the sound-too-loud-crashes-gp2x problem, so the steps the authors of those emulators took to fix it too are now having an undesired effect... is there any way I can force my F200 to output at say 200% volume?

Am loving my F200 but am slightly peeved that I might have to wait for software to adjust to the new firmware before it's useable, or worse be stuck forever with a "superior" firmware that ultimately delivers inferior results.

Are you still having this sound trouble? It seems that mine is doing the same thing with the May 16th 4.1.0 firmware release. Even the blocked game that came built in isn't as loud as it used to be. Any ideas if the newest release of 4.1.0 fixes this or if so can u upgrade straight to that firmware from the old 4.1.0 version?

I'm also having this same sound problem on Pocketsnes when I did the upgrade to 4.1.0. I can barely hear anything coming out of the speakers. When I went back to 4.0.2, sound works great.

Same here. I read on some other forum (or maybe here... don't remember) that there is code in PocketSNES 643 that susses out if your using an f200 and cuts the sound down because of the previous FW sound problems. Someone told me to simply take that bit of code out of the source and recompile, but I have no clue how to set up the environment to do so. I've just been playing it without sound for now, hoping that someone smarter than me might fix it. Otherwise, I'm cool without.

p B)

pariah said:
Same here. I read on some other forum (or maybe here... don't remember) that there is code in PocketSNES 643 that susses out if your using an f200 and cuts the sound down because of the previous FW sound problems. Someone told me to simply take that bit of code out of the source and recompile, but I have no clue how to set up the environment to do so. I've just been playing it without sound for now, hoping that someone smarter than me might fix it. Otherwise, I'm cool without.

p B)
Yes Pocketsnes detect F200, and cuts the volume by half! I recompiled with this setting changed to 20% less, now it is much butter.

The the source code is only available for 6.4.2, while the binary is 6.4.3... I can post my binary if you guys want.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hitnrun: Yes, please. That would be very nice. Much appreciated!

p B)

There are one more problem with 4.1.0 fw: when you leave pocket snes or enexfi and you try to start a new program the gp2x go very slow.
Can someone test this problem?

paradroid said:
And what about sound in GPFCE?
Please someone can fix this problem?
I've tried it on 4.1.1 and it's laud enough for me. When do you find it too quiet? Are you using it in noisy places?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back