F100. F200. F800? Yup, A New Gph Model In The Works.

zodttd

Solving your premature emulation since the Tapwave
Website
www.zodttd.com
I've been hearing some chatter about a new model from GPH called the F800 due by the end of 2008. It seems too little too late already imho, but for more info refer to my blog post at:

http://zodttd.com/index.php?/archives/17-R...k-Holdings.html

Well I may be getting an early start for an official F800 speculation thread. Details are pretty slim. :p

My best guess on the SoC is they are sticking to MagicEyes still.

zodttd said:
I've been hearing some chatter about a new model from GPH called the F800 due by the end of 2008. It seems too little too late already imho, but for more info refer to my blog post at:

http://zodttd.com/index.php?/archives/17-R...k-Holdings.html

Well I may be getting an early start for an official F800 speculation thread. Details are pretty slim. :p

My best guess on the SoC is they are sticking to MagicEyes still.

If they basically just make it a GP2X with 4x the CPU clock, except that it's incompatible with GP2X binaries, and that it comes out in 2009, they've already lost. I guess..

By the way, does anyone know what's the maximum clock speed for the OMAP 3430?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not putting too much stock in this rumour.

It has probably been started by investors in the craig machine, worried that people will not have any money after buying the F200. What better way to put people off getting an F200 than hinting at an 800 version ?

In the meantime the craigerbater comes out and everyone has full piggy banks. Brilliant.

Golly-gee, Batman! The bullshit-meter is off the charts! Looks like ol' Zod is up to his old tricks! To the batmobile!

Na, NA, na, na na na na na batman!!!! na na na na batman!!!

ontopic: to be completely honest why is gamepark pushing this out in 2008? do they feel that dejected about the f200. That they have to release another one.

Although granted the f800 will have a higher clockspeed...Is it really worth the time...with craiginator on the horizon.

The mobile open source market is branching out anyway. Let's hope it grows enough to support all the awesome devices coming out. It's important that it becomes easy for developers to make their games work on all the different devices. Then there will only be friendly competiton and diversity will lead to choice, not fighting.

All I have to say is that wifi, a touchscreen, at least one analog, and a price under $300 are absolutely necessary to compete with craig's new console. And I want to know why they would want to downsize the screen.....unless they are planning to make it uber-small. :blink:

Why is everyone so quick to assume that craig's console is going to to come out next month, or something? I don't even remember him giving a release date. This will(assuming it exists)come out in 2008, and it is more than likely that craig's console will come out in 2008 as well.

And how are they going to compete when everybody who wants one has a Craiginator? :D

EDIT: 2.8 inch screen? It's dead already.

Alex: Like I said, I confirmed this information with two reliable sources of mine. I don't know what you mean by me being up to my old tricks. :(

atomicthumbs said:
And how are they going to compete when everybody who wants one has a Craiginator? :D

EDIT: 2.8 inch screen? It's dead already.
The really sad part is that the DS has bigger screens on it(2x 3" @ 256*192). :(

That was a fun read but is it for real? maybe. The bit about the screen makes 'polar sense' like I've come to expect from GPH- I wouldn't really want to trust them even if the craiginator stats and these were swapped.

Like I said I'm not sure if it's worth thinking about even but let's say it is- so what on earth is the point of giving an upgrade to an existing format a smaller screen but no back compatibility? AND THAT'S WHAT THEY DECIDED TO RELEASE AS FIRST INFO

or did I read it wrong? anyway X-Code said it.. one or the other I guess :)

GPH is currently releasing the F200. It took them this long to manage a small improvement like that. To believe that they could be releasing one machine AND thinking about the next is more than I can credit them with. Walking and chewing gum at the same time just does not fit their m.o.

zodttd said:
Alex: Like I said, I confirmed this information with two reliable sources of mine. I don't know what you mean by me being up to my old tricks. :(
Hey Zod,

Sorry if I appeared offensive, I was only joking and nothing more.

I'm skeptical about this whole thing because its 'specs' make very little sense. A 2.8" screen is small even by the current GP2X's standards, and unless they'll have a very high-quality internal battery, that 800Mhz processor won't be much fun to use at full power. But then again, they're GPH, right? ;)

A small screen would be fine if it were accompanied by a small form factor. Add in full backwards compatibility with the F(1-2)00 and it would replace my Game Boy Micro as the device that is constantly in my pocket for boredom emergencies. But, like Alex says, they're GPH. Even if this rumour is true I'm sure they'll botch it somehow.

Still, could be neat, but we'll see in 2009. Depends a lot on how Project Craiglebee turns out.

Alex. said:
zodttd said:
Hey Zod,

Sorry if I appeared offensive, I was only joking and nothing more.

I'm skeptical about this whole thing because its 'specs' make very little sense. A 2.8" screen is small even by the current GP2X's standards, and unless they'll have a very high-quality internal battery, that 800Mhz processor won't be much fun to use at full power. But then again, they're GPH, right? ;)

Hmm well maybe there might be a sliver of a chance.

remember nintendo used a 2.9inch lcd with the gba and the sp.

while gameboy color had a 2.6 granted thats very old now.

but the gamegear screen sitting at 3.2 and lynx sitting at 3.5 as well...

and then there is DS with 2 screens although slightly bigger don't give to much in res. dept.

or maybe on the whole side probably looking cut some costs and streamline a better design. XGP mini back in action with bigger screen, wifi, and sdhc support woohoo B)

but granted this is GPH...you only wish they had better project engineers <_<

Back