F-200: 4gb Sd Vs Sdhc ?

NicoLarve

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hi !

I'm looking for a greater SD card at the moment.
I'm interested in a 4GB one, but I wider I I'd better choose a simple SD standard one or a SDHC one...?

The F-200 is annouced to be SDHC compatible, is that true, stable ?
And what about a simple 4GB SD card ?

Thanks for your answers !
N.

I use several 4GB (not SDHC) and they are all fine. One is a RiDATA card, the others are all unbranded and work no problems.

My non-HC generic 4GB card does NOT work in the F-200. It works in the MK2 and in every other SD-using device that I have (including F200->BoB->CardReader), which makes me very unhappy with GPH yet again.

But I am not too sad. I got a good deal on three 2GB cards recently, and I can juggle those between my gp2x and cameras more successfully than having one 4GB card and a bunch of tiny cards anyways.

:( I recently purchased a pair of 4GB cards (generic non-HC) and they didn't work with my F200. The work great with my card reader and my Sansa e130 tho...

I bought a couple of SDHC 4GB cards and they work fine in my F200. Both Toshiba SD-SO4G.

I just got a dane-elec 8GB SDHC for gp2x, and it works without problems. I can't say the same for my usb card reader, it does not recognize this card, luckly the HP notebook card read does support it.

I heard that 4gb SD card consumes four time more energy than 1gb card. Is it true?

I found a Lexar 512MB SD card lying around, and it works fine in my GP2X F200. :D

It seems the F200 only has issues with 4GB SD(non-SDHC) cards.

Back