External Controllers on OpenPandora?

The hub I was using during my tests explicitly says "USB 2.0" on it, and this isn't some Chinese knockoff product where people can write pretty much anything on it, it's an authentic one by Hama.
Is this sarcasm? Hamas buisness plan is to write their name on any chinese crap product they can find.
Plugging it into my PC revealed that it needed to be formatted
Well this is what dmesg was saying...
Especially because if I understand correctly, those gamepads are ideally supposed to work without any hud at all, so there may still be something that isn't quite right. But either way, we made some big progress already.
Ah we should have explained that in the beginning.
USB1 and USB2 are not compatible with each other. The usual procedure is to just put two different usb chips into one physical port and have it use whichever is faster.
Now for the pandora the USB1 chip appears to be missing (some claim its just not enabled) and any device that relies on the slower chip cant connect, usually input devices which dont need 400mb/s transfer speeds.

Is this sarcasm? Hamas buisness plan is to write their name on any chinese crap product they can find.
Fair enough, I've been using this particular hub on my PC for a few years without any issues, at least. I don't know too much about that company, but the couple of products I have from them are working all right.
Ah we should have explained that in the beginning.
USB1 and USB2 are not compatible with each other. The usual procedure is to just put two different usb chips into one physical port and have it use whichever is faster.
Now for the pandora the USB1 chip appears to be missing (some claim its just not enabled) and any device that relies on the slower chip cant connect, usually input devices which dont need 400mb/s transfer speeds.
Okay, so does this mean that connecting USB controllers to the OpenPandora via hubs to get around this is just normal procedure? If so, then I guess we can consider this issue solved now.

Like I said in my first post, most discussions I could find about this topic were mostly about which controllers to use on the Pandora, and it seemed to me like it shouldn't be too complicated at all to get any plug-and-play controllers running on it, so it really looked like I was doing something wrong. Well, apparently I was, but with my limited knowledge about this, using USB hubs wasn't the most intuitive solution.

Yes, that's why the first two replies referred to USB2 hubs. It's just something we have to do to work round an oversight in the design of the Pandora.

Edit: I'd not heard the thing about connecting the device to the hub first, and am kind of surprised if that's true. I have no explanation for that behaviour, so would be interested to know if it's true or not. Plugging in a good hub and then the device under test ought to work as I understand things currently.

I'd not heard the thing about connecting the device to the hub first, and am kind of surprised if that's true.
No I remember a few examples of cases were people reported they needed to plug the device into the hub prior to plugging in the actual hub to the Pandora..

Hama is basically a distribution system that stamps its name on the products it ships. They dont have any products of their own. Quality varies wildly, their marketing strategy appears to sell good and bad stuff with the same name so they can get reputation with good stuff and make profit by selling crap for the same price.

Back