USB/Bluetooth Controller Compatibility

edgex004

Advanced Member
So I finally quit playing Flying Snake long enough to perform the Wiki update I've been meaning to do for the last year. I added information to the controllers section of the wiki on using OUYA controllers and GC-to-USB adapters, as those are the controllers that I use.

Since the TV-Edition Pandora is available, I thought a program compatibility list would be extra useful. My screen is smashed and I've been putting off fixing it, so I have been using TV-out and external controllers a lot more.

If anyone has games/programs that they think work well (or wish they did and want attention drawn to them), then add them to the list!

I will update the list more over the coming days, as I have been testing a lot of different games, but need to sleep now.

EDIT: Also, sorry if this didn't deserve a new thread. Didn't even think about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have a script for switching TV-Out between the following four combinations?

Main Layer / NTSC

HW Layer / NTSC

Main Layer / PAL

HW Layer / PAL

I know F12 is supposed to switch between Main Layer/HW Layer, but I am not sure if there is a shortcut to switch between NTSC and PAL.

I'm at the moment putting together a QJoyPad script that would have a dedicated button combination to switch between the following profiles:

OFF - for games that already include controller support. The only buttons I would assign would be buttons used to activate the script that switches between controller profiles. Most likely a combo of OUYA/Start(Start/Alt) + Left Shoulder (Shift) + Right Stick Click(ENTER)

MIMIC - for games that work with controls that mimic the Pandora's.

NAVIGATE - buttons mapped to Alt, Control, Escape, Enter, Shift, F12(Or whatever button I assign to the screen switching script asked about above), Q, Y, N, right click, left click. For easy navigation of menus in certain programs/Openbox

**INSERT GAME TITLE** - Game specific profiles for games that aren't playable using the above profiles

After I have all this working, it should be reasonable to use a TV-Edition Pandora with an external controller and never have to leave the couch! At the moment it can be annoying grabbing the Pandora and making tweaks every time I want to switch to a different game. Only thing I haven't figured out is how to deal with programs that require typing for name entry/high scores.

The other bonus to having these scripts set up is it will make setting up games easier, as I won't have to quit or minimize the program in order to test different controller layouts.

Does anyone have a script for switching TV-Out between the following four combinations?

Main Layer / NTSC

HW Layer / NTSC

Main Layer / PAL

HW Layer / PAL
Wouldn't pre/post scripts do the trick? I used to play on my pandora connected to TV, and have written a couple of scripts which would configure the TV out properly when a certain game is started. It's been a while though and many games seem to work well with TV out right away. Still I invite you to check those scripts out.

Why do you need to switch between PAL and NTSC by the way? Once you got it working with your TV, you're not supposed to change this setting are you? I can add a script to PNDconfig, but don't understand what use it will have.

Main Layer / NTSC

HW Layer / NTSC

Main Layer / PAL

HW Layer / PAL
Wouldn't pre/post scripts do the trick? I used to play on my pandora connected to TV, and have written a couple of scripts which would configure the TV out properly when a certain game is started. It's been a while though and many games seem to work well with TV out right away. Still I invite you to check those scripts out.

Why do you need to switch between PAL and NTSC by the way? Once you got it working with your TV, you're not supposed to change this setting are you? I can add a script to PNDconfig, but don't understand what use it will have.
Will check these out tonight. I have been looking into configuring Pandafe to be my launcher for my tv set up. Since there are no keyboard shortcuts that I know of in panfafe, pre and post scripts might be the way to go. Not sure if pandafe plays nice with these scripts, however, with all the custom launch commands it employs. Since i would use QJoyPad to mimic Pandora controls while in Pandafe, I have already written one to kill QJoyPad for games/emulators that need it off, and start it again if it was killed.

Thanks!

So it seems that Pandafe does not recognize pre and post scripts, but Minimenu does. So I'm thinking of switching my attempt at a TV set up to Minimenu. Your scripts have been extremely useful, and if possible I will continue to try making them work in Pandafe as well.

Thanks again.

Back