Extension Cable?

sehs33

Website
Visit site
Hi guys,

I am looking for an extenstion cable for the EXT port on the GP2X, something like a male EXT to female EXT that is at least 6 feet long, is it available? if not, can this be easily made using parts of Samsung mobile phones/chargers?

Thanks for the help.

I don think it would be a good idear, the signals would probably be a total mess over any distance longer than 10cm.

I don think it would be a good idea, the signals would probably be a total mess over any distance longer than 10cm.
My male EXT to male EXT cable that came with the BOB is already around 15 cms, and I have never heard of a useful signal that is so weak that it can't survive two to three meters of wires, are you sure it is that weak Vimacs?

Last edited by a moderator:
USB can go at least 10 feet, provided it's in a shielded cable (and properly terminated) - but I'm not sure how far it would go in the style of cable used here.

It should be possible to make a frankencable designed to carry all the signals and power, but it might look kinda weird...

Thanks alot SeX1eStAsaBa, but this doesn't solve my problem, I just want to place the BOB as far away as possible from the GP2X, and the only way to do so is using an extension cable for the EXT port or a longer EXT male to EXT male cable :(

Back