EXT port

dazmanultra

What is actually possible to do through the EXT port and what is impossible? Would it be possible to rig it up to interface with some kind of IBM microdrive + controller for the drive?

Or how about getting the image from the EXT port... so we could display onto a TV?

I dont know whats possible or not but I heard some times ago that the EXT port is kind of slow one so I think it wont be possible to add a microdrive.... :(
But 4.3Go HDD for the GP32 would have been great... B)
(I really hope Im wrong but... :unsure: .)
see you ;)

EXT port so far is good for the Ericsson Chatboard (Keyboard) and a Wormlight (For the Non-Flu users like me :D) and I think Mr Spiv uses it for repairing GP32's that have been flashed incorrectly I think.....

EXT port contains JTAG (debugging/flashing) serial comms (about 10Kb/sec) and I2C (upto 40Kb/sec). No TV's, No microdrives (well, theoretically you could if you built a controller for it, but for the speed available, it's not worth it). You should stay away from the I2C port really as it's used internally as well for communication to the E2, which contains your product ID, user name, etc.

EXT port contains JTAG (debugging/flashing) serial comms (about 10Kb/sec) and I2C (upto 40Kb/sec). No TV's, No microdrives (well, theoretically you could if you built a controller for it, but for the speed available, it's not worth it). You should stay away from the I2C port really as it's used internally as well for communication to the E2, which contains your product ID, user name, etc.
What about that cable that connected the gp to a monitor or a tv or sumthin. it was there they just never released it.

Last edited by a moderator:
hhmm someone needs to look at a way to get the USB Port to do something... :D

Ok, if there was a cable, it didn't plug in the EXT connector. If it did, then I'll promptly sit corrected and eat my hat whilst picking my jaw off the floor ;)

Ok, if there was a cable, it didn't plug in the EXT connector. If it did, then I'll promptly sit corrected and eat my hat whilst picking my jaw off the floor ;)
Hopefully I can find the Site that said something about it again so you can do that :D hehe make sure you record it with a web cam or something hehe...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back