Connecting To Net With Wap

Steve-O

Has anyone tried rigging a Mobile phone that has Wap upto the GP32's EXT Port??? I remember ages ago on the GP32 Homepage a picture showing this but I dont think it ever happened...

So is it possible?

What about connecting a Data Cable to the phone and then to the GP32' EXT port ??

I find that the problem with putting my phone near my GP if somebody calls me the screen hates it (its exactly the same as if I happens to a computer monitor). I'm not sure about the intricacies of making it work, but I doubt the screen going crazy is good for the GP.

is that a BLU or FLU or Non Lit??

My Blu is fine with the Phone near it, the only thing it does is that annoying sound in the speakers :(

Maybe if its connected with a long wire so you can have the phone in your pocket??

WAP = Wireless Access Point?

If so, all the phone needs is a unique MAC address, and it would provide the connection.
I have a USB Wireless 802.11b antenna and a Wireless-B router, and I was wondering if the gamepark could be adapted to use it through linux or for various games, actually.

Winterkid posted on Mar 3 2005 at 05:53 AM said:
WAP = Wireless Access Point?

If so, all the phone needs is a unique MAC address, and it would provide the connection.
I have a USB Wireless 802.11b antenna and a Wireless-B router, and I was wondering if the gamepark could be adapted to use it through linux or for various games, actually.

No, WAP as in the (ancient, trashy, slow) cellphone data transfer protocol. I don't think they have MAC addresses anyway (that's more of an ethernet thing). I would assume it would go by system IDs or something similar to that.

But, no, you won't be able to get wireless ethernet working that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve-O posted on Mar 3 2005 at 10:53 AM said:
is that a BLU or FLU or Non Lit??

My Blu is fine with the Phone near it, the only thing it does is that annoying sound in the speakers :(

Maybe if its connected with a long wire so you can have the phone in your pocket??

It's a BLU, it's fine with the phone next to it, as long as it dosen't take an incoming or outgoing call or text.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back