European Release

E

extremegamer

First of all, after further review of my financial situation i have come to the conclusion that a GP32 is out of the question for the time being due to it cost to damn much. My first question is this: I hear alot of the European release, when is this happening?? Second question: When the GP is finally released in Europe, will the price of the system drop?

Is there a korean version.

Think about that question for a second, every GP32 that has been sold so far is a Korean version. As for Korean games working on the Euro version of the GP32 I am almost positive that they will I see absolutly no reason why they wouldn't.

angrypants posted on Sep 3 2003 said:
Is there a korean version.

Think about that question for a second, every GP32 that has been sold so far is a Korean version. As for Korean games working on the Euro version of the GP32 I am almost positive that they will I see absolutly no reason why they wouldn't.
Yep ok, My bad, It`s just that there is so little korean text in the bios and i didn`t have my brain in gear, That i instantly thought there isn`t a korean GP32. Even though they are made in korea Duh! :blink: :p

Oh, And it`s late. :p

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh, the price won't drop, it'll rise! (if the 149€ figure is correct)

If you get yours from Korea (via a website), you have the choice of paying 149€ or 149USD.
Since the USD is generally on a downward slide right now, that means that if you choose to pay 149USD, you're paying much less, maybe 112 Euro or so (I'm not sure).

Then again, I guess you don't have to pay shipping charges if you buy it in your home country, but I still don't think that shipping from Korea will be over 37 Euro anyway.
You can think of the extra cash as paying for the new improved European firmware, I guess... ;)

Well, we'll see. I personally hope that the price isn't fixed on that number yet... :unsure:

:lol: Sorry guys, i'm in the U.S. and don't know what the pricing is your talking about with the Euro and the 149 and the weird symbol, does anybody know what that would convert to in US dollars?

Second. If video game trend continues I feel more than likely the European GP might not play Korean games. I know in the US most systems you needed a converter for Japanese games, another converter for European games, especially for the Sega and Nintendo systems.

Sorry guys, i'm in the U.S. and don't know what the pricing is your talking about with the Euro and the 149 and the weird symbol, does anybody know what that would convert to in US dollars?

Second. If video game trend continues I feel more than likely the European GP might not play Korean games. I know in the US most systems you needed a converter for Japanese games, another converter for European games, especially for the Sega and Nintendo systems.

The euro is used in Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Andorra, Monaco, San Marino, the Vatican, Montenegro, Kosovo and French overseas territories including Martinique and Guadalupe in the Caribbean and Reunion in the Indian Ocean. (quite a few then).

Go here to convert.

For your second point, i doubt that they will put region barring on the gp as many, if not most of the games will be bought over the internet, where anyone from any country can access them. They will want to get as much money as possible from selling games, if that means selling Korean games to Americans and Europeans then I am almost 100% sure this is what they will do.

extremegamer posted on Sep 4 2003 said:
Not handheld systems though. I don't know of a single handheld that has a region lock. Any lock would probably be implemented in the BIOS so it could be overcome by flashing

extremegamer posted on Sep 4 2003 said:
That's because Nintendo, Sega and Sony get money for every region the game is released (license fee).
Another problem is that we have different TV regions (NTSC and PAL) and you need an RGB cable to play in color.

Since the GP32 is also aimed at home developers, it HAS to be possible to play all games. And, as someone already said, most games will be purchased online, so they have to run, too.

Last edited:
Well, the Nomad has a region lock :D But, urm, its just a portable genesis and released in the us only though... whatever
Im not that sure, there is no compatibility problem, since the european systems will use a very different firmware/bios, dont they? :huh:

Hanuka posted on Sep 6 2003 said:
Well, the Nomad has a region lock :D But, urm, its just a portable genesis and released in the us only though... whatever
Im not that sure, there is no compatibility problem, since the european systems will use a very different firmware/bios, dont they? :huh:
It was releasd in japan as well.

no way, google for it, there is absolutely no japanese release of the nomad. i have one myself and im sure about it. there was an european prototype but, nevertheless no official release of the hardware in the east.
us-only on this one :)

Back