Epic Freefall Released!

Imerion

I just finished another small game made in between some bigger projects : Epic FreeFall.

In Epic FreeFall you have to fall down to prevent yourself from getting crushed at the top of the screen. Different obstacles bar your way, so you have to be quick in order to find a safe route down before it is too late. This game is all about getting the highest score. There is no end to the level, try to survive as long as possible. Also included is a two-player mode where two people can compete on the same console.

Epic FreeFall can be downloaded for both GP2X and Wiz here :
Epic FreeFall

ba3f9bced1.png

I look forward to comments on it. It;s great to see homebrew coming to the Wiz :).

cool game. I like these kinds of games and the obstacles add something different. but seeing as high scores are the only point of the game I'd like to see a high score list with names instead of just the one high score that you currently have.

I like this. I'm a fan of Alex's Falldown, and actually used to imagine having different backdrops and obstacles. Lo and behold, this delivers. Quite hard, too. Thanks Imerion. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally got around to installing the latest GP2X releases, thanks for yet another awesome game Imerion :)

The bars that dangle under the ball`s weight can be deceiving, I fell on the wrong side a couple of times and blocked my only way out. The spikes remind me of Prince of Persia haha :D

By the way, have you considered letting L and R be alternative controls for moving the ball? The GP2X has such big and comfortable shoulder buttons, I think they`d work particularly well.

Agreed, both control options would be cool. Funny Alex, I remember requesting d-pad control in Falldown (for my one handed ciggie break sessions :D) but when I was playing this I automatically went for the shoulder buttons.

Back