Emulator brings x86 Linux apps to ARM devices

No Answer?

Ok itried to copy this LibGL to all known Directorys called Lib and into all exagear LibFolders i found.

No success.

I will try to recompile the latest Wine Git Completly on Exagear and hope it will find OpenGL then next Days.

:)

Well, I haven't tried so I can't tell you more than what lunixbochs wrote:

1. On a 32-bit x86 machine, build the unstable glshim branch (`cmake .; make`), then copy lib/libGL.so.1 to /usr/local/lib in your Exagear chroot (somewhere in /opt/exagear/images).
  2. On your ARM machine, build libgl_remote from the unstable glshim branch (`cmake .; make libgl_remote`), then copy bin/libgl_remote to /usr/local/bin.
  3. Add libgl_remote to /opt/exagear/images/ubuntu-1204lts/.exagear/opaths-list like this: "/usr/local/bin/libgl_remote=/usr/local/bin/libgl_remote"
    3.1. `sudo touch /opt/exagear/images/ubuntu-1204lts/usr/local/bin/libgl_remote`
    3.2. Make sure --opaths-list is in your exagear command line (look at the bottom of /usr/bin/exagear).
  4. Run an OpenGL program in Exagear with environment variables like so: `LIBGL_REMOTE=1 ./path/to/exe`. If it doesn't work on your device, try any combination of LIBGL_FB=1 and LIBGL_X11_REOPEN=1.

Hi,i managed to install the new Version of Exagear on a Fresh SD Card.

How do i install/activate the 3D Support?
Are you talking about Exagear 1.1? Where did you get it? I wrote to both exagear support and their tech forum, still waiting for a reply.

It's ok now, testing the new version

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys, please advise:

I bought an exagear license as well and am trying to get diablo 2 to work. It gives me an "error 22: " failing to initialize directdraw. Ingo, what did you do to get it to work? I followed dimag0gs instructions and installed wine with his script. Fallout 2 is running fine after applying a resolution patch, but the mouse offset makes it unplayable on touchscreen.

Have to run it in windowed mode, start it with a -w flag or setup a windowed desktop via winecfg.

I have set up a virtual desktop with winecfg already and it gives me that error. Starting it with the -w flag is working though. Thanks a bunch! Now if this was working with Anno 1503 as well...

This is cool! I want to try cnc:ra2 and age of empires 2 also.

EDIT: Hmm the mouse offset makes it impossible to play the game (diablo 2) since I can't evenscroll with the nubs as the cursor will move out of the wine window then. How do you guys do it?

also: mono segfaults for me. Tried running interstellaria v106 and rimworld v877. anyone have a clue what could be wrong? I installed mono-runtime via apt-get in exagear.

EDIT: Hmm the mouse offset makes it impossible to play the game (diablo 2) since I can't evenscroll with the nubs as the cursor will move out of the wine window then. How do you guys do it?
My only experience was with the OMAP5 devboard, so Ingo prob can answer that better than I can.

BTW: I just got Alpha Centauri to start. It's the gog version, so I am using wine. Had to add a line to the Alpha Centauri.ini that was generated while launching the game initially on a pc. You need to add "directdraw=0" in the Alpha Centauri section of the ini to make it start at native resolution. The main menu is a little slow and the colors are a bit off. not sure what exactly is causing this, but it seems like it's because of the resolution (800x480) as it seems to be skipping a few lines of pixels to scale down. Anyway gameplay seems smooth enough and the graphics seem to be fine.

EDIT: Nope... the menus are cut off ingame. So not playable sadly. Maybe there is a work around for this, but I can't think of anything right now. 

@xnoparasaranx: You can use the OMAPFB fix to set a virtual resolution bigger than the Pandora's resolution to avoid resizing/cropping. I've used it successfully with Exagear to run Fallout Tactics.

Bump! New  version is out apparently! has anyone tried 1.2 yet?

also: Ingo, is there anything new on the diablo 2 front?

I've tried the update. Didn't notice many differences. I still have sound issues. It's possible that start time of applications has been improved (as they say in the changelog), but it's hard to tell without a side-by-side comparison. I didn't notice any performance improvement in Fallout Tactics (might even be worse, though I'm really not sure).

But I've only quickly tested King of Dragon Pass and Fallout Tactics, so it's far from an extensive test. I've yet to try the glshim integration.

You're testing on Pandora?

I set this up on the devboard before I left work, will try it tomorrow!

Yes on a 1Ghz Pandora. I'm using the Ubuntu 14.04 image, and I've installed it with the scripts dimag0g provided in this topic.

Hi there is a newer Exagear Version out.
I installed it with Ubuntu14.04 and the Sound Problem is still there.
Will try that 3D Part with Glshim Remote these Days.
Yesterday i startet the first little Things like:
- a RpgmakerVX Game(slow because Sound Error)
- YugiOh for PC(good Playable)
- Tirtanium3D Benchmark(not working yet)
-WindowsVersion of Steam(had connect Error for now)

Next Steps are to try:
-get the Sound better working again
-get the 3D System up with Glshim
-try the Linux X86 Steam Version
-when 3D work then a fresh compile of the latest X86Wine
-then try Ragnarok and Descent3 again :)

@lunixbochs
@Ptitdeb
Is there a Way to zoom Games from 800x600 to the Pandora Display with 800x480 with Glshim?

The Sound Error in. Exagear is with the Dmix again and an Error about Audio Timing.
Maybe you have a Hint here for me?
Google helped me not much here.

:)

Back