Emulation Help

Stephen007

Still Fresh
:( Sorry I posted my other topic in the wrong place. I so so new at this, I just ordered my GP2X. I have no knowledge of how to get any type of emulation. I know the two I want for sure is the Neo-Geo and the PC Engine. I had the PSP emulation, but I had to go through GTA everytime I wanted to play a game. It had tons of "freeze-up" as well. So any help in how to and what I need for emulation would be greatly appreciated. My wife will be happy to, so I don't have to shell out big bucks to buy all the old systems and games. :lol:

get gp2xengine here
then put all the files anywhere on you sd (in one folder tho) then place roms (.pce?) in the folder specified by the readme..
thats basically what you do with all emus..

gngeo2x is more trouble..
get gngeo2x (the emu) here

get rage2x (frontend, not an emu) here and then place it in the same folder as gngeo.gpe

look here to find out which bioses youll need (I cannot give them to you <_< )
and google universe bios for a really good aes/mvs bios..
then get the roms (check you pm box :p )
then put the roms AND the bios in the roms folder of gngeo
load up rage2x and play!!

..tho if you want to play larger games, you will have to make .gfx files.. you could use dumpgfx on windows (the wiki link I gave you will tell you more about that, also check my guide here)
OR you can just load up a rom on gngeo2x and it will make it for you (recommended :) )

good luck, although don't expect to get gngeo2x working on your first time :lol: :lol:

-purple_goat

hows that for a helpful post telcolou? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Another newbie thanking you guys for the help. I recently received my GP2X, and while I didn't have much trouble getting MAME and DrMD up and running from my GP32 days, I was having trouble with GnGeo2x. Now with your help it's running nicely, with one exception: no sound. I'm not sure I can set it from within Rage2x, and I can toggle through the sound choices with the Y key in GnGeo2x's menu, but nothing makes the sound work. Do I have to edit some config file first??

TIA

Fishbong posted on Mar 11 2007 at 09:11 AM said:
in Rage2x, press select to brng up the config screen. There you can configure the sound, clockspeed etc.

Thanks! Worked like a charm.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back