Release Emu EX Plus Alpha

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
The EX Plus Alpha serie emulator are a collection of emulators with a common interface and set of feature
preview01.png

The serie contains
2600.emu, an Atari 2600 emulator based on Stella
C64.emu, a Comodore 64/128/VIC20 emulator based on VICE
GBA.emu, a Nintendo GameBoy Advanced emulator based on VBA-M
GBC.emu, a Nintendo GameBoy Color based on gambatte
MD.emu, Sega MegaDrive/Genesis emulator based on Genesis Plus
MSX.emu, an MSX emulator based on blueMSX
NEO.emu, a NeoGeo MVS/AES emulator based on GNGEO
NES.emu, a Nintendo NES/Famicon emulator based on FCEUX
NGP.emu, a NeoGeoPocket emulator based on neopop
PCE.emu, a NEC PCEngine/TurboGrafx-16 based on mednafen
Saturn.emu, a Sega Saturn emulator based on Yabause
Snes9xEX/Snes9xEX+, two Nintendo SNES/Super Famicom emulators bases on Snes9x (EX based on 1.43, EX+ based on 1.53)

All machines have a separate dbp for more conveniance.

Note that thereis an issue with C64emu, for now you have to go to Option menu System and change the "VICE System File Path" to your appdata/C64emu to make it run properly.

History log
=========

Build
-----------
  • repackaged to fix "double key" in menu
Build 01
-----------

• Inital build

Last edited:
Even if i dont need all of these Emus, its still a lot stuff for me to test, and to show up on a new Video..
Some of the Cores from Retroarch ditnt worked for me, so i wonder how well these perform in comparassion to retroarch..
Im currently at work so i dont have the time to test, but the weekend is near..

I came across an Issue: booth SNES Emulators share the same File Name, so Windows moans i cant put booth in one folder..
What exactly is the disadvantage of the + Version?

And do whe allready have a Button Confic? Or will this be easy as on Retro Arch?
Will test soon ...

I came across an Issue: booth SNES Emulators share the same File Name, so Windows moans i cant put booth in one folder..
What exactly is the disadvantage of the + Version?

And do whe allready have a Button Confic? Or will this be easy as on Retro Arch?
Will test soon ...
Both are in the same "dbp" file, so it's normal.

Ok, i testet NES, MD, SNES, GBA GB GBC, Atari 2600 emus, in my lunch break and they work quite good:
i first though i have to put my Games in the Emu Folder, but then i saw i can use custom paths which is nice as i have my whole Gameboy Library in one Folder , and GBC.emu and GBA.emu seems to share the same path, even if i set it just for one of them ^^
Only the Button Config needs a bit of optimazion: I would put A and B from the Gameboy on X and B on the Pyra, as its just more natural then X and A, but i would suspect i can change this myself?

I also testet C64 Emu, but ditnt had any luck: Its ask for Printer etc i have to put in the Emu Folder, but i dont know how..
I will make a Video tomorrow, but this time whit window closed..

C64emu should expand PRINTER and all automatically. I tested that on my side and it was working (TBH, that was the most anoying one to do). I'll recheck later. GBA/GBC sharing the same path is not normal, I'll check also. Keymap should be configurable yes (it's mostly the same keymap as the Pandora, with a few exceptions were I used I and II also).

For my Part, its nice that GBC and GBA Emu share the folder ,
maybe i just need to get used to the C64 emu, i just got to the Folder whit my D64 Files, and clicket..
I and II are for the 6 Button Gamepad on the Megadrive? Maybe you put A on I .. This Evening or the weekend will be good for more Tests (also whit Sound)..
Its allready nice to have NES, Megadrive, and Atari working on the Pyra, there arend many Systems left that i had on the Pandora but not on the Pyra..

Thanks ptitSeb ... il works like a charm except in menu with dpad up/down is too quick
Thx. I don't have issues with DPad Up/Down, that works 1 by 1 and repeat after 1sec continuous press (more or less). But be aware that if you press the main Shoulder button (left or right), the Up/Down is in turbo mode, for large collection browsing.

Thanks for your fast reply
Thx. I don't have issues with DPad Up/Down, that works 1 by 1 and repeat after 1sec continuous press (more or less). But be aware that if you press the main Shoulder button (left or right), the Up/Down is in turbo mode, for large collection browsing.
Weird ... DPad Up/Down works 2 by 2, Left Shoulder 1 by 1 and Right Shoulder in turbo mode.

Its quite Awesome: Not only could i now play Tetris (Ok dit work also whit Ducktabe MGBA, and Retroarch), but also the New Super Mario Land Romhack on SNES9X (ok there is also a Retroarch Core), Michael Jacksons Moonwalker (MD.emu), (whyle the gameplay is quite awefull, the Music is great), and some of the more Mature Rated Games on the Atari 2600

These are great! I've tried SNES9x, NES, GBA, MD, NeoGeo and they all seem to be working well with most of the games I have.

I got my pyra earlier in the year and was a bit frustrated by lack of games/emulation and I set it aside planning to get back to i and never did. My laptop recently died so turned to the pyra as a replacement and wow, the repo has grown a good bit. My pyra is now finally a game console and worthy successor to the pandora. Thank you ptitSeb!

Hi all,

Do you know whether Saturn.emu supports roms in *.mdf / *.mds format ?

I just tried to play Nights into Dreams and it failed to see the roms in those formats. It couldn't open the ZIP archive either.

I'm lacking a Saturn BIOS file at the moment, so that may explain why.

Cheers, Magic Sam

Hi all,

I just tried with a bios file (both JP and EU version) but to no avail. I made it to the Saturn menu but no further. Looks like the emulator attempts to read the disc as if it were an audio disc.

Any idea what I could be doing wrong ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

Edit: if I understand correctly, *.mdf and *.mds files are not yet supported by Yabause.

Last edited:
So, I repackaged all the Emu serie, to disable the Gamepad using funkeymonjey. In each "appdata", you can see a pyrainput.cfg file now (after a 1st launch of the new version), don't hesitate to alter it to your tasted, it will be loaded automaticaly at start of the emu.
Also, the C64emu missing PRINTER and all should be fixed now.

Build 02
-----------
  • repackaged to fix "double key" in menu

Awesome ^^ This was the only issue i had whit the Emulators, and it would be cool to test the C64 ^^
Do i have only to re download the DBP or is there another File in App Data to delete ?

Back