Emlulators For The Wiz

If all the emulators from Snes and Genesis down get to 99%(nothing emulated is really 100%) That would be a great thing, If we could get Ps1 games to work that would be pretty damn amazing.

I want some twisted metal on the go!

I'm pretty sure psx can finally happen, and that is true what exophase said about the N64, that might lead to some issues, so its just like I thought the wiz should be able to handle almost everything up to at least psx, with N64 as questionable with saturn on a probability of either unplayable or not happening.

Well sounds alright, I seen some vids on youtube of playstation on GP2X F-200's and it was really slow and unplayable but im guessing with the extra power and 3d accelerator it will run pretty good.

I never did care for N64 except for smash bro's and Mario 64.

Exophase said:
N64 is a problem because there's no FPU and N64 games use float operations a lot, whether or not soft floats would be enough is hard to determine.
Is that why N64 runs fairly decent on PSP?

Last edited by a moderator:
geise69 said:
I would think n64 would be more of a possibility than Saturn or DC. Saturn could be done but you'll be playing with maybe 10 fps if you're lucky.
I seriously doubt that you would get even 10 FPS for Saturn. N64 would not be very playable either because of FPU.

The Wiz CPU is not THAT much faster than a GP2X, not to the point of Saturn or N64. About all it will do is make stuff that is too slow now on the GP2X like SNES, PSX, Amiga run at full speed or close to it.

geise69 said:
Exophase said:
N64 is a problem because there's no FPU and N64 games use float operations a lot, whether or not soft floats would be enough is hard to determine.
Is that why N64 runs fairly decent on PSP?

I'm not sure what you're asking, but PSP does have an FPU.

I don't think NEON instructions are available on the Wiz ARM 926j?
Correct.

I guess if you were really keen for floating point operations you could try the "4 Programmable Floating Vector Processors" in the GPU, thou it probably wouldn't be worth it.

Information on this SOC is very sparse, i can't even download the data sheet linked on their product page (maybe a MES forum member could help in this regard).... I've a feeling it'll be a while before anyones done enough hacking to get anywhere with these advanced features.

Adventus said:
I guess if you were really keen for floating point operations you could try the "4 Programmable Floating Vector Processors" in the GPU, thou it probably wouldn't be worth it.
Useful in a 3D pipeline, but for purpose of emulating an FPU they'd be completely worthless.

Heck, if it runs things as well as a GP2X it's worth it. I wasn't thinking of getting one, holding out until the Pandora, but I have the money, and it is quite a bit smaller isn't it? I use my GP2X more for music than anything else, so if the Wiz is smaller I could use it for music and a few quick games if nothing else, and use the Pandora for the higher end systems and web/e-mail/chat. But I won't get one right away, I want to read a few reviews first. I'll get a Pandora without any reviews, but I'll wait on the Wiz.

second exodous said:
Heck, if it runs things as well as a GP2X it's worth it. I wasn't thinking of getting one, holding out until the Pandora, but I have the money, and it is quite a bit smaller isn't it? I use my GP2X more for music than anything else, so if the Wiz is smaller I could use it for music and a few quick games if nothing else, and use the Pandora for the higher end systems and web/e-mail/chat. But I won't get one right away, I want to read a few reviews first. I'll get a Pandora without any reviews, but I'll wait on the Wiz.

Yeah its pretty small: http://www.gp2x.de/wiz/size.jpg

Back