Snes Custom Controls ( Pocketsnes )

Spadoof

Website
Visit site
Dear Readers,

Is there any possible way someone can implement custom controls into pocketsnes. I don't understand why you would add usb joystick support and not add custom controls. It becomes very annoying when picodrive and a couple of the Nes emulators, offer custom controls and yet pocketsnes dosen't. I hope with all the hipe over the Pandora and the Wiz, people are still looking to fix problems with older software. Your help and alternate solutions are appreciated.

-Spadoof :gp2x

I guess he's trying to say that pocketsnes doesn't have a complete button remap functionality, the only option available regarding buttons is the action buttons swap... maybe it's not enough for everybody :)

Sorry for such a long time that it took for me to reply. All im asking is, if someone could implement custom controls for Pocketsnes. It is kinda hard to play games using usb controllers, because everything is pre mapped and with the controller im using, its not the same set up as the snes controller. I have read that others are asking for the same thing. I mean how hard would it be to add in such a basic feature?

-Spadoof

headoverheels said:
I plan to implement it for version 6.4.5, it's not difficult at all.

Fantastic!!! I love playing my GP2X through the cradle on my TV, but it has always frustrated me that unlike Picodrive and GPFCE I couldn't set the buttons correctly on my USB SNES controller in Pocketsnes.

I can't wait for version 6.4.5 now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't care for button remapping (m yUSB controler's lyout is similar to the SNES controller). :)

What I am missing is a button to go tot the emulator menu (on the gp2x its the "Center-Volume") . I think my real question is: "where is the "Center-Volume"-Button on my USB pad?". It is a common LOGITEC Precision.

headoverheels said:
I plan to implement it for version 6.4.5, it's not difficult at all.

Can't wait for this release either! :D

Creature XL said:
What I am missing is a button to go tot the emulator menu (on the gp2x its the "Center-Volume") . I think my real question is: "where is the "Center-Volume"-Button on my USB pad?". It is a common LOGITEC Precision.
Should be the 5+6 or 7+8 (L+R combo). If the emulator reads volume buttons from USB gamepad. The Center-Volume is a both volume buttons pressed together.

Squidge said:
Do you want to expand on your idea a bit?
Could be there a app that remaps any USB controller to a GP2X keys? So cradle/bob will be much more useable :)

quasist said:
Creature XL said:
Should be the 5+6 or 7+8 (L+R combo). If the emulator reads volume buttons from USB gamepad. The Center-Volume is a both volume buttons pressed together.

Hi,

I just checked this. Pressing the 5+6 or/and 7+8 together doesn't bring up the emu menu. Is it even implemented that the emu reads teh L and R buttons as VOL+ and VOL-? If not, that would be a nice addition. It should be really simple (I have programmed SDL stuff on the gp2x myself).

Is anyone able to get to the menu? I mean I can't be the only one who hates it to get out of his sofa and walk to the TV, where the cradle is, and load/save savestates, can I?

I'm glad this thread is getting some attention - hopefully it proves how many people really care about correct button mapping for their USB controllers!

Roll on version 6.4.5!

Back