Electronia Now For The Gp2x!

Akuma no Houkon

Certified Guru
Website
akuma.gp32news.com
When I announced that I was bringing all my GP32 games to the GP2x, I know many of you were waiting for the one you liked the most.

Without further ado, Electronia for the GP2X _with_ the added HighScore board that many asked for.

ETR_Screenshot.PNG

http://gp32.indiedevs.com/Electronia_GP2X.tar.gz

Due to the overwhelming # of downloads, please use the www.gp2x.de archive to download if possible
http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,25,2214

The controls are in the readme. Have fun!

Thanks, looks nice.

Will try out later. Thanks for porting this :)

Excellent puzzle game, thank you very much for the release! The extra game modes are a lot of fun, especially the Arcade one :)

Looks like a really decent puzzle. A type which has been a classic for ages now and is welcome. Think of the door puzzles of ST: EliteForce(2).

Good job! :p

On a sidenote: how come that the there have been so many quality games for GP32 ? (I recently bought one too because i want to explore its software archives)

StarG said:
On a sidenote: how come that the there have been so many quality games for GP32 ? (I recently bought one too because i want to explore its software archives)
Thats what happens when the homebrew community gets its hands on a capable device.

The GP32 was AFAIK one of the first consoles with an open devkit and common media format, so that anyone who buys one can make games for it. It was also priced low enough that 'average joe' could pick one up. Both of these brought out those who have been hungry for such a device.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent porting this Akuma no Houkon! This was without a doubt one of my favorite games on the GP32, one of the few to never leave my smc.

glad to see your back :)

You will be happy to know that this includes the oft asked for HighScore board (hit select in game). That tracks highest score, highest level, highest combo, most blocks destroyed in a single combo, etc... Also each game mode stores it high scores separately.

Of course you have to exit the game from the main menu for the scores to save though.

glad to see your back

I've been back for awhile, this is the 3rd game of mine I have ported to the GP2x. This completes all my previously released work...now to finish that other game...

For those that dont know, there are other game mechanics, every 5 levels (I think) a new twist is added.

In gambit mode all the game twists are enabled from the start.

Played this for the first time last night! only got as far as level 3 but I will keep trying so I can find out the new game mechanics.

Excellent game, thanks

Mark

Now I've gotten around to trying out these three games (Electronia, but also GPsquares and...um...the moving-boxes-to-coloured-spots (I have a teflon-coated memory) one...EDIT: PerfectFit! Excellent, all around, and especially Electronia! Even though the mecanics can be traced to other games, the combination is really good, the extra game modes are a brill idea, and the presentation tops. Great work!

Back