Efficient Agenda and Organizer for the Pandora ?

I'm interested in this as well. I use Google Calendar for all my personal scheduling. I would be interested in one that synchronizes well with Google.

I'm interested in this as well. I use Google Calendar for all my personal scheduling. I would be interested in one that synchronizes well with Google.
I was looking at this also today - I've tried Borgcalendar, which looks good on first impressions (but I think it needs extra plugins to even import ical files) I've had no luck finding a lightweight Linux calendar that syncs with google calendar, but I'd be thrilled to discover I am wrong about this.

Thanks. When I get my P I will check it out. I would prefer something that runs native on Angstrom, but will go for what works.

Thanks. When I get my P I will check it out. I would prefer something that runs native on Angstrom, but will go for what works.
On Angstrom? - what for? You havent installed another distro yet?  Makagiga looks nice, but you haven't much possibilities (applications) with it, you need a mouse or it is not comfortable to use (in my opinion) and it is not an OS (i.e. CLI Desktop). It is a pretty different thing.

With nframe-os, you dont need X11 at all. If you are a vim geek, it has very similar key bindings, and it is built with similar idea that it can work on most keyboards. If you fullscreen xterm, you can pilot it to watch Utube with a single remote controller.

You can also give it command (called macros) via voice (speech to text), which is my favorite (but speech reco isnt working well), since it can be controlled over external input. A bit like Linphone.

It runs on the fbdev / console that you get before doing startx or getting gdm. It works on very limited small (rows, cols) numbers. It could maybe work on a Mac even, I guess  :)

You noticed the slider that comes (link) and gives the USB, WIFI, ... or transforms your Pandora as a regular dvd/cdrom or even to a regular Pendrive?  ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. If I can't find something on Angstrom, I will just run gmail, gcal, etc on Android. I already have them loaded. N-curses looks fine, but not worth the trouble of learning another app. I have Makagiga as it seemed to be the only RSS feed reader. I will check it out as well.

A bit unconventional perhaps and it does take some time to learn, but Emacs coupled with org-mode (http://orgmode.org) is a very powerful Agenda/Organizer/Task Manager/Note taking solution.

+1 for org-mode. It's a holy grail of productivity, project management, task tracking/clocking, calendars etc, everything under one roof and CLI UI based.

Thanks. If I can't find something on Angstrom, I will just run gmail, gcal, etc on Android. I already have them loaded. N-curses looks fine, but not worth the trouble of learning another app. I have Makagiga as it seemed to be the only RSS feed reader. I will check it out as well.
Please tell me what you would desire, or dream of. Ideas might be welcome and embedded. I receive 2 plugins last week. I try to merge them. 

EDIT: 

There is a sort of liferea, but much different. If I find time, I will make a screenshot. 

It is a module that gives you possibility to read about headlines and RSS. 

EDIT:

Org emacs:

Please check the new screenshots. I has also a sort of it. It does help you with todo list(s) as well, but with extra features that allows higher efficiency.

http://ncursespim.scienceontheweb.net/nframe-os.htm?p=screenshotsmultimedia

If liferea worked with SZ1.54, I would have downloaded it. The idea of Makagiga is OK, but I've not had good luck with the swiss army knife type apps. I don't mean to insult any of the "give me text-based or give me death" crowd, but definitely not my bag. It is not a good use of my time to "learn" an organizer that only works on one of my devices. I already have to learn Outlook for the my work computer (thick client and OWA), Mac mail and calendar on my home computer, the Apple app on my iPhone, Gmail on my tablet.... (and so on). Again, not trying to start a food fight, just sharing my perspective. If a mail and calendar app that supported google with an easy-to-use GUI was available, I would use it. Thanks.

Hi Boduma,

Regarding RSS, it features nrssreader which does fetch the syndicate feeds. It is very important to be well informed, always.

Please find a screenshot of nrssreader. It is adapted to small (and large) screens (such as the one of an handheld).

It is actually very convenient, because you can press 'f' key and it fetches the needed feeds from the Internet.

You can read, offline as well, anywhere the feeds that you added to this app.

It requires no dependencies, as the whole application, since it does parse itself the feeds. :) You may view the url (ex: png, jpg)

by pressing 'U'  or from the menu using the omapfb (so which means without X11).

You can resize the panels with uppercase hjkl.

Hiv6sJy.png

Regarding " It is not a good use of my time to "learn" an organizer that only works on one of my devices." ... it might be compiled

and made functional for any Linux platforms, since it is coded to avoid libraries. So very lightweight. Furthermore, it has the Menu bar (F9)

and a Menu (press S) (eg. Start Menu that guides you and you have further the HELP 

in this menu (almost the last line)). It does not need ruby, does not need perl, ... to be installed on the Linux box, simply and only nCurses ! :)

Since it is developed in C, it is a pretty fast business software solution.

It does not need sthg like org-mode, since it has much better: a powerful agenda and a suite of todo list and nToday that informs you. You can use several modules, that do much more in organizing your time, since it is all embedded into a single Desktop. 

Alarms, reminders,...? Amy ( amy() <-- the module) warns you if you have forgotten something during your day.

You also receive notification about shares if you might detect critical values.

The screenshots are here as well: http://ncursespim.scienceontheweb.net/nframe-os.htm?p=screenshots

I will probably upload more screenshots. 

Greetings

An organizer / calendar application that synchronizes with some CalDAV server is something I've been missing on the Pandora from day one. Unfortunately the problem doesn't start with the Pandora itself - I haven't found a suitable application for Linux at all (porting Evolution or similar abominations doesn't really appeal to me).

This works using streaks cli love pnd 

https://github.com/insanum/gcalcli

Not sure how useful it is (but lets you access your google calendar info - admittedly in a rather circuitous manner)

I couldn't get it to work with conky, but it would be a nice thing to have google calendar displayed on the pandora desktop

Back