Ebay

TwoHeadedBoy

Website
Visit site

GP32x as a replacement for the corrupt ebay. Maybe GP32x should open up a trading platform since ebay is banning gp32 (and maby also gp2x) from its system

Is this true about eBay? I can understand that you can't sell discs full of ROMs on eBay, but who'd've thunk it eh?
Maybe notoriority could have some good side-effects for the GP2X (like when the parents were complaining about Mortal Kombat, only completely different...).

Last edited by a moderator:
well theres quite a few gp32's on ebay right now one actually has a picture of the gp32 playing Sonic 2..

They removed mine (twice) because I specifically mentioned first ROMS, then in the re-listing, emulation. One of their "partners" (copyright watchdogs) requested it be removed for violating their policy.

I don't see how they would justify it. The GP2X as hardware doesn't play roms, and there are plenty of freeware games that play on it. This is like after 9-11 companies lobbying to out-law open source, they really didn't have a reason beyond it might be used in some way to aid a terrorist act.

Thanx,
Stan

edit: Didn't see your post gaterooze. Does ebay own a media company of some sort? I wouldn't be surprised.

I can see how mentioning emulation and ROMs is grounds for removal from ebay... but they can't ban the sale of the hardware.

The easiest way to mention it has Emu + Rom capabilities is just to add an external link to your ebay item description (perhaps to here) that way it is not YOU specifically that is mentioning emu/roms.

I just won an auction for a GP2X on ebay, so I think deadlychicken22 is right about them not taking it off unless someone reports it.

I just won an auction for a GP2X on ebay, so I think deadlychicken22 is right about them not taking it off unless someone reports it.

Yeah I just checked and there were 5 or 6 for sale. I don't think they are going anywhere soon.

I think it was the GP32 that got an auction shut down.

The auctions I saw billed it as a Video player and mentioned it came with a CD.

I guess you can't kick an auction out for that :) .

GP32x as a replacement for the corrupt ebay. Maybe GP32x should open up a trading platform since ebay is banning gp32 (and maby also gp2x) from its system

Is this true about eBay? I can understand that you can't sell discs full of ROMs on eBay, but who'd've thunk it eh?
Maybe notoriority could have some good side-effects for the GP2X (like when the parents were complaining about Mortal Kombat, only completely different...).

I've just sold my GP32 on Ebay. However, I did specifically say there wouldn't be any ROMs or emulators with it, so they shouldn't have had any problems with it.

Back