Earthbound -- Occasional Freezes?

Mr Rob

Hmm, has anyone here ran into occasional game freezes while playing Earthbound? And if so, have found a solution?

Once in a while, when I enter/leave a room, the next screen will load and the audio will get caught in a 1/4 second loop and I can't move at all, which makes me sad.

I'm using the latest Snes9x4P on the repo.

i dunno, i haven't received my pandora yet, but the freeze constrains you to reboot or can you exit from the game?

i had exatly this issue with my previous PC with games few years ago , sometimes it was BSOD and other times it was what you describe.

i never known if it was a hardware problem or drivers problem

i dunno, i haven't received my pandora yet, but the freeze constrains you to reboot or can you exit from the game?

i had exatly this issue with my previous PC with games few years ago , sometimes it was BSOD and other times it was what you describe.

i never known if it was a hardware problem or drivers problem

Perhaps I described it poorly. The game freezes, I can still hit space (or whatever it is) to bring up the emulator menu and exit from there.

I've not had this problem, I'm about 4 hours in, using the same emulator and no special settings.

Might be a dodgy copy of the ROM? I got my ROM direct from the cart so it's as fresh as a ROM can get.

Do any other games do it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've not had this problem, I'm about 4 hours in, using the same emulator and no special settings.

Might be a dodgy copy of the ROM? I got my ROM direct from the cart so it's as fresh as a ROM can get.

Do any other games do it?

Nope, Earthbound is the only game I've had problems with. And it's somewhat rare, I haven't counted but it might be about 1 out of 50+ entries/exits that it occurs. I'm presently in Twoson.

What's the md5sum of your rom, fresh from the cart?

I ve finished Earthbound on the Pandora and I haven´t encounter no issues.

Maybe it is your rom image that might be corrputed (or even de SD card)?

Back